INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Download problem  (Read 3536 times)

BigBro

Download problem
« on: January 12, 2016, 08:58:37 pm »

With the 21.0.35 MC release, I'm getting a warning / error after downloading....

Windows 10 Pro x64 bit is showing 'The signature of this program is corrupt or invalid' after download when using an IE11 browser.

Can this be fixed, repaired or adjusted please so that this warning doesn't occur/re-occur  ;)

Thanks in advance,  :)

Alf in Australia

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Download problem
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 09:13:39 pm »

Try re-downloading.

I downloaded and installed it with no warning message or problems. Although I am on Windows 7 Ultimate, not Windows 10.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

BigBro

Download problem
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 09:30:55 pm »

Try re-downloading.

I downloaded and installed it with no warning message or problems. Although I am on Windows 7 Ultimate, not Windows 10.

I tried Firefox 32-bit browser, it downloaded fine but when I tried to run it the Windows 10 IE11 Smartscreen Filter displayed a modal warning screen.

I've also tried three times including again just before this post to download the program from the top post link,
but each time I get a red 'x' in the download bar with "The signature of MediaCenter210035.exe is corrupt or invalid." once the program has downloaded.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
Download problem
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 10:03:31 pm »

I tried Firefox 32-bit browser, it downloaded fine but when I tried to run it the Windows 10 IE11 Smartscreen Filter displayed a modal warning screen.

I've also tried three times including again just before this post to download the program from the top post link,
but each time I get a red 'x' in the download bar with "The signature of MediaCenter210035.exe is corrupt or invalid." once the program has downloaded.

You could always use the update feature within MC (Ctrl+J). Makes updating a 1 step process and cuts out interaction with browser behaviour.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

CountryBumkin

This problem was acknowledged by JRiver. It is due to changes in the "digital certificate" method/process that took effect in January '16. JRiver is looking into the best way to update/resolve the certificate issue.
You can still install. The program is safe.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Download problem
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 07:54:17 am »

This should be sorted in the build that was recently posted at the top of this board.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up