INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please enable DVB-S selection for USA  (Read 1958 times)

TeddyR

Please enable DVB-S selection for USA
« on: January 13, 2016, 01:47:47 am »

When adding a dvb-S2 tuner I am not able to select DVB-S if the area selected is USA (zip 91203). I have a TBS5980 QBOX CI DVB-S2 TV Tuner and want to access Galaxy 19 through MC.

I have tried with both 21.0.23 and 21.0.35...

My 3 SD Primes are detected in MC and the QBOX has BDA drivers that work with other windows applications.....

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Please enable DVB-S selection for USA
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 07:20:24 am »

Have you tried going to "Television>TV Options>Manage Devices and selecting your device and then using "Configure" to select "DVB-S" from the drop down list?

TeddyR

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 07:50:40 am »

It is there under Manage Devices but not correct in subsequent configuration screens.

Soit is not there under Television | Setup, if the Country configured is "United States of America".

Selecting "Digital Cable or Satellite"  there SHOULD have DVB-S as a possible option but it is not there. Only "Set Top box" "Clear QAM" or "CableCard" options show up.

Although if QAM or cablecard is selected the tuner IS listed, but a warning shows up that the tuner is configured for "DVB-S" and asks if I want to switch it to "QAM" or "Cablecard"

The DVB-S entries should show up worldwide no matter what country is selected since even though those tuners are mainly used in Europe and other areas other than the USA since it IS possible to receive the signals worldwide (even in the US)....

(Trying to get G19 in the USA [97.0W], a DVB-S/S2 satellite)

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 08:59:35 am »

I will add this to my to-do list.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up