INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover View menu showing nothing...  (Read 1912 times)

RunHomeSlow

• Junior Woodchuck
Cover View menu showing nothing...
« on: January 17, 2016, 10:08:50 am »

Hello, running latest JRiver, all my library is done and working. when i click the view menu of JRiver
i can see Standard, Mini, Display, Cover view... But if i select Cover View, the screen seems to go full screen
but i just see a white page. If i put my mouse up in the screen the player appears and the menu also, but no covers.
I left it open one full night because maybe it was long, but no go... still a white page next morning.

Did i miss something or it is not working?
If You Got Ears, You Gotta Listen – Captain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS 14.3 > Audirvana Origin 2.5.x >
Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >
Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover View menu showing nothing...
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 10:19:39 am »

I think this is a long standing bug.  When I use Cover View, I get large white boxes too.  If you do this from Playing Now, you'll see the displayed cover art in the middle, just like in standard view.  But everywhere else there was text, you'll see a large white box.  If you do it from an Albums, or Artists, or Panes view, the whole screen is white.  Moving the cursor to the left, you'll get the navigation pane.  Up top, you'll get the player controls.

But none of this is useful.  The Wiki says that Cover view is supposed to be the same as Standard View, but full screen without any "chrome"; I guess they mean window borders and things?

If you just want to see large album covers, use Display View.  Though Display View does *not* show any metadata for the currently playing song.

This is one of the few remaining areas of MC for Mac that is still kind of "broken".  I mean no insult.  Just saying how it is.

Brian.

RunHomeSlow

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 10:33:50 am »

Thank you for answering... :-)
If You Got Ears, You Gotta Listen – Captain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS 14.3 > Audirvana Origin 2.5.x >
Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >
Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

kurushi

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 01:10:20 am »

Same for me i only see cover view with a big picture correctly. Other modes i see white page or squares.
Pages: [1]   Go Up