INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Database Win and Mac Version Replace / and parameters  (Read 2981 times)

dirkmuc

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Database Win and Mac Version Replace / and parameters
« on: January 17, 2016, 04:53:14 pm »

Hi,

I m a long year user of JRiver and purchased a dozen of versions since.

I want to get rid of the Windows version and like to use Mac Version 21 .

I restored the database from Windows to mac and my library showed up. Unfortunately the location on disk is different.

D:\DATEN\Audiodat\Various\Fetenhits Real Classics\( 1976 ) Boney M - Daddy Cool.mp3  (Windows)

/Volumes/Public/DATEN/Audiodat/Various/Fetenhits Real Classics/( 1976 ) Boney M - Daddy Cool.mp3  (Mac location)

I simply didn t manage to get it correct with find and replace. What are the current settings to change 1) the "/" and the disk "/volumes ..."

I hope there is an easy fix to it, I have about 12.000 files and have them with playlists etc. . The playlists got importet via the restore but obviously they point to the wrong path (file not found).

Also in the music library the files cannot be played as the location is wrong.

Thanks in Advance, I guess / hope some people did have the same issue also.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Database Win and Mac Version Replace / and parameters
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 05:03:05 pm »

This ability to replace windows paths and \ characters with Mac paths and / characters has been improved recently so that it's usable.  But it's kind of tricky to make it work.  See my post here for details:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=102306.msg709584#msg709584

I can try to recommend specific settings if you need help.

Brian.

dirkmuc

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 01:37:00 am »

0k, i see

1. Fixed: Rename, Move, & Copy dialog wasn't working in "find and replace" mode for renaming files coming from a Windows sytem (e.g. replace "C:\Music\" with "/Music/")

i m still on 21.0.24 version as this was Stable. Will try the library stuff with the newer version next week.

Is IPOD Classic 7th generation still supported for native JRiver Support or do I have to go trough I Tunes. Not willing to use ITunes?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 10:59:24 am »

You can pass through the existing Directory path with [Filename (Path)] in the Directories Template, if needed.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

dirkmuc

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 11:56:59 am »

Hi Glynor,

even after reading the wiki about it I don t understand,

can you please specify the correct entry base path and rule for the above example files name.

Especially the "various" thing that was automatically assigned from ripping cd s shall be a JRiver name setting.

How do I get the changed in the Mac version. First the disk Name (I thought it should be easy, but also find and replace doesn t seem to work) and I thought about changing "/" with search and replace but it also doesn t work.

With about 14000 files I m a bit nervous about the migration to the Mac Version and don t understand why it seems to be so complicated .

Is the combination base path mac + old filepath() in the Directories section usable ? Then only the first part of the file path "D:\DATEN\Audiodat" would have to be deleted in a second step afterwards... the strings "/" seem to be alright then for the Mac. Also it seems to be a good idea to have  the "various artists" naming issue correctly addressed.

But it seems to me as if the second necessary step her to search "D:Daten..." and replace with only a "/" or blank instead doesn t seem to be functional when I tested it.

Thx  

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 12:19:47 pm »

Like I said, it's tricky.  The function isn't fully fixed yet as far as I can tell.  Based on my earlier experience (in the posting I linked to), I would try the following.  Make sure you try this on a few files first.  Look at the preview to the right to make sure it is correct before you press OK!  The preview can really help you to refine your expression.

Update Database to point to new location

Directories (checked)
Base Path:  /Volumes
Rule:  [filename (path)]

Filename:  (unchecked)

Find and Replace:  (checked)
Find What:  D:
Replace with:  Public

That should probably do it.  Again, check the preview and try a few first.  Good luck!

Brian.

dirkmuc

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 03:55:09 pm »

Thanks for the details.

Just had a try and it looks promising. I tested it on my Laptop and the file path looks OK , but I don't have access to the NAS right now from my holiday location for a "real" test. I wonder why it doesn t seem to be a standard procedure - nobody migrating win --> mac ?

If you don t hear anything from me until next week, the issue is solved.

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 05:19:52 pm »

I wonder why it doesn t seem to be a standard procedure - nobody migrating win --> mac ?

It has been asked about quite a few times.  Just recently the developers put in some time to make it work.  Until this latest release, this functionality wasn't supported at all.  But this is their first try at it and it's not fully functional yet.  I'm guessing they are working on a fix for the next release, or perhaps a future release.

If you don t hear anything from me until next week, the issue is solved.

Kindly come back to this thread and report your success, or if you need more help.  I for one would like to know if this helped you or not.  :)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up