INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media center won't recognize DAC  (Read 5308 times)

Boomzilla

• Junior Woodchuck
Media center won't recognize DAC
« on: January 13, 2016, 09:19:24 pm »

My system:  Windows 10 on a Toshiba laptop + external USB HDD for music library + Oppo BDP-105 / Audioquest Dragonfly

I moved my server laptop to my living room & connected it directly to my Oppo BDP-105 via USB cable. Initially, JRiver Media Center detected the Oppo. Then I shut down the laptop to connect the external USB HDD with the music library.

On power up, the JRiver program refuses to recognize the Oppo again. In the Tools menu, there are multiple options for the Oppo shown (WASAPI, ASIO, Direct. and one more). I tried all four multiple times, shutting down JRiver and rebooting the laptop between each try. Same result - JRiver refuses to recognize the Oppo despite being told it is there.

Windows recognizes the USB HDD. JRiver recognizes the USB HDD (I can see my music library with all its artwork, and I can play tunes to the local computer speakers). But no external device is recognized as a music destination by JRiver (despite being recognized in the JRiver tools section, where the device appears).

So I next decided to skip the Oppo completely. I plugged in a USB DAC (AQ Dragonfly 1.2). The laptop recognizes the DAC because its light comes on. As soon as I start JRiver, no output device was recognized, so I once again go to the Tools menu and select the "Dragonfly WASAPI" (shown in the Tools menu). But despite saving this (and shutting down JRiver & rebooting the computer), JRiver still refuses to recognize the DAC as a destination despite being told that it's there.

Any ideas?  thanks...

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Media center won't recognize DAC
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 11:36:36 pm »

so on the laptop for windows what would be the dafault playback device?
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 11:57:04 pm »

Did you try a different USB port on the laptop?  Did you power it off and back on?

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 06:49:20 am »

Did you double check which playback devices windows is recognizing? The fact that a light lites up doesn't mean its a playback device necessarily, just that it is powered by the USB (euh, probably ;) )

As Jim said unpluging/plugging or trying another USB port could be all that is needed.

A lot of DACs need an ASIO driver for USB2 .... did you download the native dragonfly driver and install it on Windows? Is the driver showing up in Windows? (probably as you can choose it JRiver, but I'd double check it). If no DF driver, you could try the JRiver ASIO driver (need to check it in options for it to work)

As for the Oppo .. do you want to use this as a DLNA renderer (player)? If so that is s
Pages: [1]   Go Up