INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (SOLVED) Recording should start from beginning on client machines  (Read 2368 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

WHen watching a show that's currently being recorded the playback will start on the live point from a client machine. This is not how it should be and should start from the beginning like on the server machine.

Also it seems to disrupt (or cut) the recording at that point on the server machine. This happened twice on 2 different client PCs maybe it's due to setting up the client access on those PC at the same time?

thx

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Recording should start from beginning on client machines
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 08:47:24 am »

From which view did you try to watch a show on a client?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 10:02:09 am »

This one.  I double clicked on the show that had started maybe about 45 mins back.  It then split the recording in 2 as well.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 10:11:26 am »

I also often get stuck with a bunch of Time-shifting folders that don't get deleted on the server (not sure if it's related though probably not to this issue)...Might be due to the crash on the client machine last night? (I forgot to mention the client machine also crashed a little after...)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 10:17:43 am »

Maybe I should recap the chain of events re-reading myself I'm probalby a little hard to follow.

1. Recording a show on the server machine.
2. around 40 mins after the start of recording I setup up a client PC with a new access key (It had been setup before on the same HTPC server but access key was changed and even though it could connect everything was empty in the playlists or for TV)
3. I then added the remote server with the proper access key on the client PC
4. Everything populated correctl on the client
5. I double clicked on the show being recorded and it started it live on client PC.
6. It then seemed to have split the recording in two. (Not sure if this should be 6. or 8.)
7. I then went into the recent recordings and could watch the show from the beginning again on the client PC. Buit not from the other window as per snapshot of previous post.
8. Then the client crashed.
9. Restarted and could watch again from the recent recordings on client PC.  I believe the 2 split recordings were there.

hope this helps.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 05:25:30 pm »

Maybe I should recap the chain of events re-reading myself I'm probalby a little hard to follow.

Hmm. You made setup changes while a recording was happening. While what you observed probably shouldn't have happened, I suggest that you ignore that case and test again when you aren't making such significant changes. Small changes like tagging and so forth would be fine, as long as you aren't tagging the file that is still being recorded. But connecting a new Cleint to the Server, and changing the Access Key, is kind of major.

I also often get stuck with a bunch of Time-shifting folders that don't get deleted on the server (not sure if it's related though probably not to this issue)...Might be due to the crash on the client machine last night? (I forgot to mention the client machine also crashed a little after...)

I would put that down to the crash. There used to be a bit of a problem with left over Time Shifting files, but that has been mostly addressed. I believe there are still some circumstances where it can happen. I watch live TV from my client occasionally and I did get some left over files the other day, but I was mucking around a lot, and may have even killed the client in process. At least the client Time Shifting files are now clearly named, so you know what they are.

Clean up any left overs you have now, and if you see any more, document exactly what you did and report it. If you can reliably reproduce the issue in a repeatable manner, Yaobing would like to hear about it.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 07:44:32 pm »

I just tried pretty much the same scenario where I start watching 30 minutes past from a client PC. I started the recording from the Standard view Under Television and it started from the beginning as it's supposed too. (Same snapshot as my post above is where I was)

Not having the client setup before watching seems to have been the issue here so I would not spend time on this.

thx!
Pages: [1]   Go Up