INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to undo individual film errors after batch 'Get movie & tv info'?  (Read 3009 times)

8139david

• Galactic Citizen

I have imported several movies into JRiver.
In the Video section, I manually indicated the (film) Name by hand for each movie.
Then I selected the movies together (20, say) and clicked 'Get movie & tv info'.
Some results are good, others are wrong when there is another movie with the same name.
So how do I undo those results that are wrong, while keeping those that are good?
(When the results are wrong for a movie, I would need at least to empty the tags.)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to undo individual film errors after batch 'Get movie & tv info'?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 09:41:21 am »

Select the movies that have the wrong data "one-at-a-time" and then use the "Get Movies &TV Info" tool, that will show you all the data that is available and allow you to choose the results/data-source (if more than one choice is available).

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 09:44:48 am »

I'll add to what Country B said:  When you do them individually, you can modify the name it uses for lookup and then choose your source.  Changing the name can make a huge difference, especially if there are multiple versions of the same movie.

Brian.

8139david

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 10:29:34 am »

Thanks.
But sometimes I still need to remove the info, since the movie is not in the databases (or I can't find under which foreign title).
Is there a simple way to do so?
Also, is it possible to search by imdb identifier, eg tt0326724 (for http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0326724)? Sometimes I can find that by myself, but the title given there doesn't match what JRiver can find with 'Get movie info'.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 11:00:40 am »

Clearing tags:  I've looked into this and can't find a very good answer.  The best I can come up with is to copy empty tags from another file.  If you have a file with no tags in it, you can copy and paste the tags.  Highlight the empty tagged file and Edit > Copy.  Then highlight the file you want to clear and Edit > Paste Tags.  Then select the tags you want to copy over.  That will probably work, but is obviously not super convenient.

For doing lookups, MC uses themoviedb.org and thetvdb.com .  I suppose you could look up the titles there?  I've had very little trouble finding the movies in my collection, but I don't have a lot of foreign language (non-English) films.

Good luck.

Brian.

8139david

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 11:11:30 am »

Thanks.

For emptying the tags, I just have to do it manually, then.

Unfortunately, these databases don't have the correct information in some cases (information which is on imdb though).
So  together with emptying the incorrect tags, I should fill the proper information manually myself.

I have a lot of rare Asian movies, so this may happen more than once.
But so far, out of a first 50, only a small few were problematic in this way.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 12:24:49 am »

MC gets its Movie information from www.themoviedb.org rather than the IMDB.

You could always sign up at www.themoviedb.org and create a record for missing movies, or update inaccurate ones. Then everyone would get the benefit of your efforts, rather than just you in your library.  8)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up