INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to show movie Name in Director > Year > Name view?  (Read 1384 times)

8139david

• Galactic Citizen
How to show movie Name in Director > Year > Name view?
« on: January 19, 2016, 02:26:05 am »

In the section Video, I have created this view:
Director > Year> Name
Each field is normally defined: 'Director' with Director, 'Year' with Year, 'Name' with Name.
But when I show the view as a list, the column 'Name' is identical to 'Director'.
In the normal Movies view, this is not the case: 'Name' stands for the name of the movie.
So how can I correct that in the Director > Year > Name view?

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to show movie Name in Director > Year > Name view?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 04:51:02 am »

Probably this is because you have created your view using a "Category" scheme or type.

Category views are made to be used around thumbnails (you can have the files show in a bottom panel if desired. Standard Mode has a particularity that it can use Thumbnail Text options -- and Name (for better or worse) has been chosen a long time ago as a sort of global variable which retains the Category (or highest category that you drill down to.  As director is the top Category, the variable is shown instead of the field [Name] (no, I don't know why btw  :P)

If you want to base your Views on a list either create/modify the view to a Panes or File type (see the view as drop down box in the customize view edit pop-up)

If you want to always show a list after selecting a thumbnail (better for audio than video), you can get the list to show in the bottom pane (see the options in the customize view settings box.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up