INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Get cover art issue  (Read 2424 times)

MikeDuke

• Junior Woodchuck
Get cover art issue
« on: January 19, 2016, 08:01:31 am »

Hello.
I just installed MC21 on a newly built HTPC.  When I ripped my first movie, and moved it to my main drive, I did not get any cover art or info about the film.  This happened sometimes in MC20 so I did not think it was a big deal.  So, I right clicked on the movie and went to "get movie info"  or whatever it is called.  But unlike before, when I would get a whole list to choose from, this time I got nothing.  It said it could not find any info.  The movie was Inglorious Bastards.  It is the first movie I have tried with this new setup.  The movie play's fine when I click on the logo, but I am unable to get the movie info like I was before.  Any ideas?  
Thanks

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Get cover art issue
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 09:19:20 am »

There's some possibility that's due to a misspelling.  I've never figured out why, but the correct spelling of that movie is:

Inglorious Basterds

Note the "e" in Basterds.

Brian.

MikeDuke

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 09:51:36 am »

Thanks.  That's a possibility for sure.  I will try it again. 

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 10:00:25 am »

Inglorious Basterds

Note the "e" in Basterds.

The correct spelling is actually "Inglourious Basterds" (note the extra "u" as well): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inglourious_Basterds

I think the mispellings were supposed to reflect the idiosyncratic speaking style of one of the main characters (who is prone to use large words but in an incorrect or unusual way) .

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 10:04:29 am »

The correct spelling is actually "Inglourious Basterds" (note the extra "u" as well): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inglourious_Basterds

Interesting.  The TMDB lookup works either way.  They must realize that a lot of people mis-spell it in that particular way.

Brian.

MikeDuke

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 11:35:30 am »

Well,
I will see what happens.  If I have to try twice I will.  
Thanks

MikeDuke

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 08:51:07 am »

I think I figured it out.  It my have been a combo of things.  For one, I was having intermittent internet connectivity issues, which have since been fixed.  Second, if you right click on the movie icon in jriver, the first option is that get movie info.  But, a little lower in that same section, it has it listed again.  So I clicked on that one and that worked.  So I think I am good to go now. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up