INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zone Switch dependent on which Zone is currently active  (Read 1284 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Zone Switch dependent on which Zone is currently active
« on: January 19, 2016, 09:51:10 am »

Hi,

I have 2 Living Room zones (one for video and one for audio), in addition zones for other rooms. What I want is for Zone Switch to switch to the audio zone when playing audio and the video zone when playing video, but only for the living room. Which means, if I'm in another room playing an audio file, obviously I don't want to switch to the Living Room Audio zone. So is there a way to switch to Living Room Audio when playing audio, but only if the current active zone is Living Room Video, and vice versa?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Zone Switch dependent on which Zone is currently active
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 09:57:48 am »

Hi,

I have 2 Living Room zones (one for video and one for audio), in addition zones for other rooms. What I want is for Zone Switch to switch to the audio zone when playing audio and the video zone when playing video, but only for the living room. Which means, if I'm in another room playing an audio file, obviously I don't want to switch to the Living Room Audio zone. So is there a way to switch to Living Room Audio when playing audio, but only if the current active zone is Living Room Video, and vice versa?

Yes, this can be done.  Make sure that the two living room zones have mutual stop playback rules, but make sure that none of the other zones stop playback in the living room or are stopped by the living room zones.

So let's say you have:

1) Living Room Audio
2) Living Room Video
3) Kitchen
4) Deck

You want Living Room Audio to stop playback in Living Room Video (only!) and Living Room Video to stop playback in Living Room Audio (only!) and then have no other stop playback rules at all.  Reciprocal stop playback rules create a closed loop for the zones in the stop playback relationship.

If you do that, playback started in the Kitchen zone won't engage zone switch at all, but playback started in the Living Room Audio or Living Room Video zones will switch between those two.
Pages: [1]   Go Up