INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Network Updates  (Read 4234 times)

tasar

• World Citizen
Network Updates
« on: January 19, 2016, 12:53:09 pm »

It's been over a year but haven't seen any updates.....

"Hilton" wrote

"I worked out how to get adhoc networking going in the Id, so you can use it in a stand-alone environment without routers.  

This way you can take the Id away with you and just connect any wifi enabled device to it to control it or stream music on to a JRiver, JRemote or Gizmo device.
That too is standard functionality out of the box that Bob's built in that just hasn't been explored yet. I'll go into it in one of my demo videos."

Have Id updates included the "ad hoc" network, one that will connect to an IOS device's WiFi. If so, the App controls the ID to play networked or attached files, but will it be coded to "stream" outside sources from IOS ?

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
Re: Network Updates
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 07:00:31 pm »

Hi Tasar,  Thank you for the below post -- very relevant to me.  I just got my new Id up and running connected to my main jrmc PC by both wire AND (just now trying out) wifi from a remote part of my home.   Any tips/comments you might have to offer on that subject (How can one tell if one is getting the full benefit of hires files through wifi?) would be appreciated.   was just about to post that as a new question. 

Also, I am just as interested in "copying" my jrmc main library to the internal storage of my Id -- so that I can enable it to "travel" as you described it.  So far I have read the instructions, which may be beyond my technical grasp.  Again, please let me know if you are offering any further help.

THANKS

wdesbrow

tasar

• World Citizen
Re: Network Updates
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 07:22:37 pm »

Sorry Desbrow, I don't have an answer for you. My impression was that the Id will not recognize outside source without a networked router. I don't own Id but my quote above relayed what others more versed in Linux scripting can accomplish. Directly interfacing (outside a home network) an IOS device, is something I would pay for. Apple will see that does not happen, I suppose.
Pages: [1]   Go Up