INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to remove some library fields from the program?  (Read 1385 times)

8139david

• Galactic Citizen
How to remove some library fields from the program?
« on: January 23, 2016, 10:58:55 am »

I'm using JRiver with music and movies, not with photos.
So many library fields about photos/pictures don't concern me.
Also, among all the library fields for music and movies, only a few interest me.
So, even if it's not recommended, I'd like to remove the fields I don't like from the program.
This way, it would offer me a less long list when I have to navigate among fields.
I looked at the program subfolders but I couldn't find something obvious to remove the offending fields.
Any idea?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to remove some library fields from the program?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 11:05:44 am »

The built in fields can't be deleted as far as I know.  The "Manage Library Fields" interface has the delete button disabled for all built in fields.

There are several workarounds:

1.  Set up your views, with the columns that you want to edit when you pull up the tagging window.  Then, when you open the tagging window and select "show fields in current view", you'll only see those fields.  Once you set this, it will stay set until you change it.
2.  Or, set the Tagging Window to "also show" and add the fields you want to see.  Those settings should also "stick" until you change them.
3.  Use the Experimental Tag Action Window.  This lets you set up templates based on file type.  So when you select an Audio file, it will use your Audio template and only show you those fields.  Video will show the video template fields, etc.  More information here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=101448.0;topicseen

Brian.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: How to remove some library fields from the program?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 11:19:36 am »

tools>options>general>features> uncheck the features you don't want to show up!

sometimes a restart of MC is required. If prompted to do so, close MC and then wait a minute or so before restarting MC or you may get two instances running at the same time.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up