INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (SOLVED): Losing Channels on Recordign subscriptions when re-doing channel setup  (Read 2086 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I tried this a couple of times now with the same provider and I always lose the subscribed channels on recording subscriptions.

I can understand if you're changing EPG providers and/or channel Numbers/ids but that was not the case.

thx

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
Re: Losing Channels on Recordign subscriptions when re-doing channel setup
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 08:48:17 pm »

weird, that has never happened to me.  Only when changing guide sources, and only for those subscriptions that aren't set for 'All Channels'.  Are you completely clearing all TV settings?  If so, that could be it.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 09:41:26 pm »

I was...I realise this shouldn't happen often and you would leave it alone but I thought I should still report it.. However I didn't lose the logos so that's good!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 01:38:19 pm »

Unless you have good reasons, do not reset your channels.  You can run setup without resetting channels.  If channels are reset, the old channel IDs are lost.  Then your recording rules that refer to certain channels become orphaned. 

All is not lost though.  If you reset channels, some recording rules can be recovered.  You just need to configure the corresponding subscription and re-select the correct channels.

One-time recording based on a program id is lost and not recoverable if you reset EPG programs.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 02:19:07 pm »

Understood and thanks for the explanation. I've been playing around with different EPG providers and knew my subscriptions would be affected somehow.  I just thought I should still post this "issue" to let you know but now that I understand the logic let's consider this : "case closed"

Thx for the response!
Pages: [1]   Go Up