INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (SOLVED): Show Original Air date of a movie/show in theater view guide desc.  (Read 6519 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

When clicking on a show from the Guide in theater view, it provides the description, season.episode, when the show is aired, time duration, rating, actors ... Which is awesome
But it's missing a VERY Very important one:

The original air date!

This date is already in the XMLTV file and usually has this format:

For movies: <date>1973</date> (But some movies also have the full yyyymmdd date as well)
For Shows: <date>19920108</date>

Thx!

imeric

• MC Beta Team

Here is the XMLTV info for the Show and pic attached of window I' referring to:
   <programme start="20160207113000 -0500" stop="20160207120000 -0500" channel="I5.3.90194.schedulesdirect.org">
      <title lang="en">Saved by the Bell</title>
      <sub-title lang="en">Save That Tiger</sub-title>
      <desc lang="en">The pranks between rival schools Bayside and Valley escalate during the week of the city cheerleading finals.</desc>
      <credits>
         <director>Don Barnhart</director>
         <actor>Mark-Paul Gosselaar</actor>
         <actor>Tiffani-Amber Thiessen</actor>
         <actor>Mario Lopez</actor>
         <actor>Elizabeth Berkley</actor>
         <actor>Dustin Diamond</actor>
         <actor>Lark Voorhies</actor>
         <actor>Dennis Haskins</actor>
         <producer>Peter Engel</producer>
         <producer>Franco Bario</producer>
         <producer>Bennett Tramer</producer>
      </credits>
      <date>19891216</date>
      <category lang="en">Children</category>
      <category lang="en">Sitcom</category>
      <episode-num system="dd_progid">EP00018657.0032</episode-num>
      <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">0.15.</episode-num>
      <audio>
         <stereo>stereo</stereo>
      </audio>
      <previously-shown start="19891216000000" />
      <subtitles type="teletext" />
      <rating system="USA Parental Rating">
         <value>TVG</value>
      </rating>
   </programme>

The info missing is from this above:
<date>19891216</date>

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

You can add whatever data is available to the "File Info Panel" shown in Theatre View using the settings at "Options/Theatre View/Appearance/Customize file info panel...", and you can define when and how they are displayed. Add the date field and make sure it is always shown, so that you can see whether it has a value or not.

I'm not sure which EPG fields are used in MC though, or the mapping used, as there is no "Original Air Date" tag in MC. Also there are several dates in MC that could mean Originally Aired Date. [Date], [Date (release)], [Date (year)]. No doubt there are discussions on the forum about the use of those dates.

Also there are two EPG fields that may mean the Original Air Date, <date> and <previously-shown start="yyyymmddtttttt" />, based on EPG data I have seen.

References:
http://wiki.xmltv.org/index.php/Main_Page/xmltvfileformat.html
http://xmltv.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xmltv/xmltv/xmltv.dtd
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!

MC's [Date] field holds the data from xmltv's <date> tag.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imeric

• MC Beta Team

AWESOME!! Thanks to the both of you! Issue resolved in 5 minutes.  Gotta love that!!

Didn't pay much attention to this section will definitely do some customising there...

Here is what I did and how it looks for the benefit of others...

DeaneG

• World Citizen

Wow, that is what I have wanted for a while too.

IMHO it would be great if "first aired" was included in the default configuration out of the box.

mx4789

• Recent member

The "Name" field shows TVInfo(NameDisplayWithDate) but the date wasn't showing up.  Thanks for your help above. I added a field called "Aired" and using your example it now shows up whenever the information is available.

Does anyone know how to get the date to show on the "main page" of the TV guide when a program is highlighted. Currently it only displays name and description. I would like to have DATE appear in conjunction with the NAME instead of having to click on each show/program just to see if it is a rerun or not.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team

I have added a "custom guide" that only displays keyword "movie". I don't see my custom guide in the customize info panel drop down list. Can it be added to that drop down so I can put original air in my custom guide?
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

The "Name" field shows TVInfo(NameDisplayWithDate) but the date wasn't showing up.  Thanks for your help above. I added a field called "Aired" and using your example it now shows up whenever the information is available.

The TVInfo(NameDisplayWithDate) expression in the "TV Guide" Info Panel Template actually shows the [Name] plus the [Year] tag values, as documented in the Expression Language Wiki, here. The [Date] and [Year] tags are different, although the [Year] tag gets populated when the [Date] tag is entered, if the [Year] tag was previously empty.

So if there is a value in the [Year] tag, it should show up next to he program name in the Info Panel for the program, however;

Does anyone know how to get the date to show on the "main page" of the TV guide when a program is highlighted. Currently it only displays name and description. I would like to have DATE appear in conjunction with the NAME instead of having to click on each show/program just to see if it is a rerun or not.

I don't think there is any way to get the [Date] to show either on the Guide program bar, or the summary at the bottom of the Guide when a program is highlighted. Those locations aren't Info Panels, so I don't see any way to change them. I think what shows in those areas is hard coded.

The way the Info Panel Templates work is that MC searches down the list of Templates until it finds a Template that matches the [Media Type] of the record being displayed. Guide data has a [Media Type] of "TV". So the first Template found that matches the [Media Type] of "TV" is used to display the Info Panel for Guide data. Although you can have multiple Templates for a [Media Type], only one can will be used; The first one found. That is why you can re-order Templates using the "Manage..." button.

In other words, there is only one Info Panel for a Guide record, and that is the one you see when "drill down" to the detail. Currently the only way I would know how to get the [Year], for example, to display at the bottom of the Guide would be to include it in the [Name] field. But that would have to be done external to MC, and then MC would probably strip the year off the [Name] on Guide Data load. I'm not sure.

Yaobing may be able to shed some more light on the above. But I think what you are asking for would be a feature request. If so, it would be great if at least the detail at the bottom of the Guide were made configurable, and even better if the Guide program bars were, similar to Info Panels, but including coloured dots driven by expressions!
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

I have added a "custom guide" that only displays keyword "movie". I don't see my custom guide in the customize info panel drop down list. Can it be added to that drop down so I can put original air in my custom guide?

As above, if you have made changes to the Info Panel in the "TV Guide" Template, those changes will appear in your "Custom Guide". They do for me.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team

I'm seeing Original Air date on tv shows in the GUIDE (regular or custom). But NOT seeing Original Air date for any movies in the GUIDE (regular or custom). But when I look at info of a movie that is already recorded, the Original Air date does show.

Does anyone see original air date for movies in their guide (before it gets recorded)?

JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]
Pages: [1]   Go Up