INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MediaCenter Not Detecting Nexus 6P  (Read 19134 times)

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
MediaCenter Not Detecting Nexus 6P
« on: January 25, 2016, 11:58:28 am »

I am unable to get MC to recognize/display a Nexus 6P as a handheld device (or at all).  It is connected MTP mode.  It is visible under Windows 10 Explorer as a device, Device Manager, and Devices and Printers.  I can browse to the device in Windows Explorer and drill down to the Music folder.  However, in MC it doesn't appear under devices and is not shown in the MC Explorer filetree.

I have performed Re-Detect all Devices several times as well as rebooted a few times.  Nothing will allow me to access the 6P via MC.

BTW - My workaround for the time being is to convert playlists/smartlists to a temp folder, that I copy over to the device manually, but this is very sub-optimal (In addition to the multiple manual steps, I have to be extremely careful to make sure settings don't add these converted files to the library and then remember to change them back for everyday use, and MC requires conversion even if filetype doesn't change for it to copy at all, wasting time and processor).

I short, I really want to get back to automated device syncing.  What can be done?

Antoine.

• World Citizen
Re: MediaCenter Not Detecting Nexus 6P
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 10:54:12 am »

Hi,

Unfortunately, I won't be of much help to you, except for confirming that this device works with my setup at least (in MTP mode). I'm running MC21 (stable releases channel) on Windows 10 Pro.
It is detected by MC21 and is syncing files as ordered. However, it takes a looooong time to get the sync to start ("working" status).

You mentioned that you rebooted the computer several times. Maybe you could reboot the Nexus as well?

Sincerely,

Antoine
Server: Windows 10 Pro (64bits) & MC26 - Caselabs Mercury S5 - Corsair HX1000i - ASRock Z97M OC Formula - Intel i7-4790t - 16Gb - Crucial M500 960GB - MSI GTX 960 Gaming 4G - RAID5 : WD Red 4TB (6x) + Adaptec 6805 - JBOD : WG Green 4TB (4x) - Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2200 - Kef Egg.

HTPC: Windows 10 Pro (64bits) & MC25 - Streacom F12C  - Streacom FLIRC - Corsair HX750i - ASRock Z97 Extreme4 - Intel i5-4690s - 16Gb - Crucial M500 480GB - MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2G - Asus Essence STX II.

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 11:49:32 am »

Thanks for confirming it can work.  I've rebooted the 6P many times as well trying enabling Dev mode with MTP and also confirmed that Windows is using the proper MTP driver for the device.  I've started to wonder if there's something broken with sync on this install of Windows 10 or Media Center, so I'm going to have to find some time to play around with this on a different machine with Windows 10 and Media Center.

jcurry6664

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 03:45:22 pm »

I also cannot get my 6P to synch.  Very frustrating since I bought the 128G model to have my music with me at all times.  Has anyone found a solution?

RVA_Don

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 11:52:31 am »

I'm having a problem as well. What's different is that I'm on a Mac with the most recent build (21.0.66).  I've reboot both the device and the Mac. I can not get MediaCenter to see the phone. Very frustrating.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 12:26:59 pm »

^ On your Mac, can you transfer files to your 6P?  Being able to transfer files is a good first step.

I'm not so sure that MC was really intended to work with MTP devices.  It absolutely can work with straightforward file systems.  My SD card based player works fine transferring files to the SD card when it is plugged in.

My Android phone doesn't show up in MC at all.  But I can still get files to it using Android File Transfer, or AirDroid.  Android File Transfer is much, much faster.

So what I do is this:

1.  Create a handheld definition that uses a folder on my Mac as the destination.  That way it always shows up, no matter if the phone is plugged in or not.  Set up it's properties for which playlists to sync, conversion, etc.
2.  Sync to that folder using MC.  Wait for it to finish.
3.  Plug in phone and watch Android File Transfer launch.
4.  Drag music folders from #1 above into Android File Transfer.  Specifically into the Music directory.  Wait for it to finish.

That's pretty much it. I'm fairly confident this would work with any Android device that supports Android File Transfer.  I believe the 6P does based on some brief research.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up