INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [SOLVED] How to stop jump from playing next recorded TV programme  (Read 2697 times)

imcardle

• Recent member

When I press the "jump forward" button on my remote control, I expect it to advance the playback by 30 seconds.  It does - but, if I'm too quick and press it again within a short time (e.g. <1 second) I find that instead of advancing by 30 seconds, media center will jump to the next item in my recorded TV list and start playing that from the beginning.  Can someone please help me to change this behaviour?
My hardware:  Shuttle xPC SZ68R5 case, Core i7-2700K, 8GB, TBS6284 PCIe quad tuner (DVB-T2), Intel HD3000 graphics, Samsung TV (HDMI), Aeotec Z-Stick
My software:  Windows 10 Home (x64), J River MC 22.0.97, Engen 1.0.55
My location:  United Kingdom

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to stop jump from playing next recorded TV programme
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 03:37:17 pm »

Use the right arrow in the circle around the OK button.

imcardle

• Recent member
[SOLVED] Re: How to stop jump from playing next recorded TV programme
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 03:48:14 pm »

I don't know why I didn't think to try that!  It works brilliantly, thanks!  Great that you can hold that button down for fast repeat too :-)

There are too many right arrows on the mce remote!  We have >| (skip), >> (fast forward) and also the one you mentioned around the OK button that doesn't have a label as such.  It's a bit confusing knowing which one does what at times.

Anyway, problem solved - thanks again.
My hardware:  Shuttle xPC SZ68R5 case, Core i7-2700K, 8GB, TBS6284 PCIe quad tuner (DVB-T2), Intel HD3000 graphics, Samsung TV (HDMI), Aeotec Z-Stick
My software:  Windows 10 Home (x64), J River MC 22.0.97, Engen 1.0.55
My location:  United Kingdom

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: [SOLVED] How to stop jump from playing next recorded TV programme
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 01:02:58 am »

You're welcome.  I agree that there are too many arrows.

But with the OK and the 4 arrows around it, you can operate MC in Theater View. 

OK will pause and resume.

Up or Down bring up the On Screen Display.  Then Right and Left will change its settings.

Plus all the normal navigation with MC's roller bars at the top.

Pages: [1]   Go Up