INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver room correction and stereo bass  (Read 2790 times)

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
JRiver room correction and stereo bass
« on: January 24, 2016, 01:19:18 pm »

How do I get bass route to sub if I am playing a 2ch stereo source? I set all my speakers to large and use jriver room correction/bass management.  Do you guy set speakers to large when using jriver room correction? By setting speakers to large, my Avr does not send bass to subs with stereo source. I can change bass setting to Main+LFE to get bass play thru my subs with 2ch stereo source.  Is there a down side using main+lfe setting when using jriver bass management? Thanks.

Hilton

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver room correction and stereo bass
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 06:06:22 pm »

That's an easy one.

Yes set to large.

Just set the DSP studio channel output to 2.1 (or 5.1/7.1 depending on your setup) and check the "for stereo sources, only mix to 2.1"

All audio will be sent in multichannel PCM (providing you are not bitstreaming) and MC21 will automatically upmix 2 channel stereo to 2.1.

jjazdk

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 10:22:56 am »

Why would you set your main speakers to large, if you want to use your subwoofer?

I would always prefer to have the main speakers set to small, to get proper summation with the subwoofer.
Working on my 12 channel JRiver entertainment center :-)

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 02:17:19 pm »

Didn't know that. Thanks a lot.
That's an easy one.

Yes set to large.

Just set the DSP studio channel output to 2.1 (or 5.1/7.1 depending on your setup) and check the "for stereo sources, only mix to 2.1"

All audio will be sent in multichannel PCM (providing you are not bitstreaming) and MC21 will automatically upmix 2 channel stereo to 2.1.

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 02:35:42 pm »

Why would you set your main speakers to large, if you want to use your subwoofer?
To use jriver bass management instead of an AVR/Pre-amp

jjazdk

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 03:54:34 pm »

To use jriver bass management instead of an AVR/Pre-amp

Ahh.. Sorry.. I misunderstood you. I thought you meant setting main speakers as large in JRiver :-/

In your AVR, you should configure it for a 7.1-channel discrete input. Using Mains+LFE is not the right way to do it, as you want to receive discrete channels from MC and not have any channel-mixing/processing in your AVR.
Working on my 12 channel JRiver entertainment center :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up