INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSD with DLNA  (Read 2741 times)

kr4

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
DSD with DLNA
« on: January 24, 2016, 12:06:14 pm »

It makes no sense to use JRiver to talk to a DLNA server on a NAS device.  If you use the QNAP as a file server to serve the files directly to MC, it will pick all of them up correctly.
Brian.
Agreed but, in my case, I can play all my files (including DSD and/or multichannel formats) from MC to a DLNA renderer using Minimserver as the library source but not if I use my main MC library from the same NAS drive.    Until I can resolve this issue, I am forced to run via Minimserver.

Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

Arindelle

DSD with DLNA
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 05:58:13 am »

Agreed but, in my case, I can play all my files (including DSD and/or multichannel formats) from MC to a DLNA renderer using Minimserver as the library source but not if I use my main MC library from the same NAS drive.    Until I can resolve this issue, I am forced to run via Minimserver.
same poster as the OP? or just a coincidence that you have a similar issue. I don't really understand this ... when you say library do you mean the actual media files? If so ok, but the DLNA renderer adds another element (unknowns) to look at into ... your config and system setup chain et al.

If you have your MC "library" on the NAS itself, that will cause all sort os issues .. The library should be be located on the system drive of a PC or MAC machine. (unless you are using the new QNAP option)

*Edited for split post

kr4

• MC Beta Team
DSD with DLNA
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 11:45:48 am »

same poster as the OP? or just a coincidence that you have a similar issue. I don't really understand this ... when you say library do you mean the actual media files? If so ok, but the DLNA renderer adds another element (unknowns) to look at into ... your config and system setup chain et al.
Not the same guy and not the same issues.  Mine are with DLNA output.  I can play the files on my NAS from MC on my server either by a regular MC library or by another regular MC library that looks at the Minimserver on my NAS.  The difference, for me, is that Minimserver cannot see any ISO files nor does it see any of the formatting/metadata I have lavished on my main MC library but it can output multichannel DSD with MC as the controller.  OTOH, my main MC library can see all the files but cannot output DSD over DLNA.

If you have your MC "library" on the NAS itself, that will cause all sort os issues .. The library should be be located on the system drive of a PC or MAC machine.
Yes, of course.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
Pages: [1]   Go Up