INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Troubleshoot Server Access  (Read 3059 times)

sarkonovich

• Galactic Citizen
Troubleshoot Server Access
« on: January 27, 2016, 12:18:01 pm »

What are the possible reasons that an HTTP call to MCWS Authenticate would timeout, as opposed to return, for example, a connection refused error?

I can successfully retrieve the server ip address with a call to webplay server lookup. If I then call that address to get an authentication token, the call time's out.

I'm guessing this is a port forwarding issue?

A bit more detail:

The basic flow (use access key to get ip address, call authenticate to that address to get token) works perfectly for some access keys. And when, for example, I shut down the server associated with that key, or change the port, etc., the authenticate call immediately comes back with an error (e.g., connection refused.)

But with other access keys, the flow ends with the authenticate call just timing out. I'm trying to figure out what the conditions under which this occurs.

The same behavior is seen at http://jriver.com/webgizmo.html
Under what conditions will it just try to connect until it times out, as opposed to shooting back an error message (e.g., "Library server not found for access key AbAbAb")

Thanks.
Steve

JRiver 21 Linux (ARM) on Pine 64 => PS Audio DirectWave DAC => ATC 50asl speakers. JRiver controlled by House Band on Amazon Echo
Pages: [1]   Go Up