INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scheduling a series recording  (Read 2770 times)

Jeepaholic

• Recent member
Scheduling a series recording
« on: March 07, 2016, 05:44:44 am »

I've searched and cannot find the answer, so I'm posting here.  I just d'loaded JRiver, hoping to use it instead of the other, fiddly-but-free programs out there.  So far, I like it.  There are a few things on my wish list, but I'll leave them alone for now since I might figure them out on my own.   
What I haven't been able to figure out is now to tell JRiver that I want to record a series.  Let's say I want to catch all the new episodes of a TV show, how do I set that up?  Can it be done from theater view?   

Oh, in case it matters, I'm running Win7 64bit.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Scheduling a series recording
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 07:15:03 am »

Yes, you can do it.  The word we use for that is subscribe/subscription.

In Theater View, press OK/Enter to select a show, then you will be able to select "Subscribe".  If you use a remote control, you can just press the Record button on it when a show is selected in guide grid.  The first press causes the show to be recorded.  Pressing the button again to cause it to be subscribed (with default parameters).

Explore TV Options property page.  You will find items related to "Subscription" under Recording.

In Standard View, you can do more elaborate recording rules setup for subscriptions.  Here you select a show and click Record button.  Then you can select "Subscribe" on the first wizard page.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Jeepaholic

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 07:20:53 am »

Thanks Yaobing. I knew it was there and I was just missing it.    
And thanks Jim H for moving this thread for me.

Jeepaholic

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 07:41:26 am »

I almost forgot. How can I search for a show?  I'm Trying to switch from NPVR to JRiver and I'd like to set up some recordings.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 07:54:53 am »

In Theater View "Guide", just use your remote to move to the top of the Guide page, and there are "tabs" or "pages" listed there such as "favorite", and "to be recorded" and "search".

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 03:05:19 pm »

If you are setting up lots of subscriptions, you may find it easier to work in Standard View, rather than Theatre View.

In Standard View under the Television section (in the left navigation pane), you can highlight "All Programs" then enter a search term in the Search Box at the top right of the screen. For example, I just put "Mega" in the search box, and the program list is filtered to only those programs that have "Mega" in the name, such as "Megafactories" and "Power Range Super Megaforce".

Using that search function makes it easy to fin programs, and then Subscribe to them as Yaobing described above. It also gives you access to the detailed recording rules, rather than just using the default rules set up in Options>Television.

As you will want to explore the rules, and learn how to make best use of the functionality, using Standard View makes sense, at least initially.

There have been lots of changes around the recording rules recently, and lots of discussion about them, so search around, but only discussion from the last few months would be relevant.

Enjoy!
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up