INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A small and a big request for hairstyle  (Read 1157 times)

Skillsadam

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
A small and a big request for hairstyle
« on: August 25, 2003, 07:14:44 pm »

So, I use hairstyle exclusively and it works well, certainly the best of the other things I've tried  ;D ....

But there are two small things that I think could make the hairstyle experience a lot better and one thing that's too big, but I'll put it out there in any case....

Small #1 - There's no way to add albums, tracks or artists to the Playing Now list. Gimme something, a hot key, alt-enter, ctrl-right, anything.... It's such a big part of what makes Media Center work that I think it really needs to be there.....

Small #2 - A hot-key to turn shuffle on and off.... Come on, throw me a frickin' bone. I've got a kludged together method but it's really annoying because it makes MC think I've done something wrong so it bings at me....

Biggie - This actually goes to the heart of the shuffle mode, but..... What I would like is to be able to be listening to my shuffled playlist and then turn off shuffle to listen to whatever album catches my attention and then turn shuffle back on.... But the way the shuffle currently works it doesn't preserve associations like that. Am I just missing something or, as I suspect, would this be WAY too big....

kudos for a program that does exactly what it should....

skills

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: A small and a big request for hairstyle
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 05:54:59 am »

In MC 9.1 (now in beta), use the "Enqueue" button in Hairstyle to add tracks to Playing Now.  It's visible everywhere inside Media Library.

Next build of 9.1 will use Ctrl+Shift+R to toggle shuffle mode.

That's tricky because what if you shuffle, manually reorder (to fine tune the shuffle), and then turn off shuffle?  How would MC know how to unshuffle in that case?

Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Kurt Young

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 06:57:40 am »

Matt, may I ask a question?  A couple times, I've read and discussed the idea of making hairstyle its own .exe that would run independently of MC9, reading data from it (much in the same way that MusicLobby must).

I would like to ask what your thoughts are on the pros and cons of this idea.  I think it would be nifty; it could even be marketed as a separate app sometime in the future.

Or, with the new partnership between Cinemar and JRiver, have you thought of a separate Hairstyle/MusicLobbyLite app?  I'd be interested in something like that, and y'all could split the profits!  :)
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

Skillsadam

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2003, 09:02:23 am »

Sooper!

Keep up the great work!

skills
Pages: [1]   Go Up