INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Id start up problems  (Read 11532 times)

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
Id start up problems
« on: January 29, 2016, 08:22:17 am »

I am trying to connect  a new Id to my main pc jrmc software and WIFI network.  I currently have the Id hard-wired to my network.

The Id seems to recognize the libraries in my main pc.  When I click on my main music library it says the library is not loaded and asks me to LOAD it.  Is there any chance this will damage or erase the main library in the jrmc main pc?

Also -- should the key from the Id be entered into the main jrmc software?  Or should the main jrmc software key be entered into the id software?  Possibly unrelated:  The Id seems to not recognize my Western Digital NAS drive on the home network.

Many thanks.

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: ID start up problems
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 11:18:47 am »

The id seems to recognize the libraries in my main pc.  When I click on my main music library it says the library is not loaded and asks me to LOAD it.  Is there any chance this will damage or erase the main library in the jrmc main pc?

I assume the "main music library" you refer to is the one on your main PC. Loading this library from the Id should not damage the library. As a side note, if something did go wrong and the main PC library was damaged, Media Center makes regular, automatic back-ups, so you could simply restore a back-up on the main PC to resolve any problems.

Also -- should the key from the id be entered into the main jrmc software?  Or should the main jrmc software key be entered into the id software?  Possibly unrelated:  The id seems to not recognize my Western Digital NAS drive on the home network.

You should not need to use the registration key that came with the Id. The Id should arrive, fully licensed and registered. The key you received is incase something happens and the Id needs the license reinstalled. The key that came with the Id should only be used on the Id and no other Media Center installations. The Id licenses work a bit differently, so do not use your main Media Center license on the Id.

The NAS situation is probably unrelated. Can you provide a bit more information on this?

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
Re: Id start up problems
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 04:06:33 pm »

BradaTIMA..

Thank you VERY MUCH for responding.  I am confused. The Id seems to recognize the libraries on my main jrmc pc.  When I click on the library that has all the music metadata files I get a screen that says, (NAME OF LIBRARY) is a client of the library server with access key  .... loaded: NO).  So I assume your advice is to click onload Library.  When I do that I get a window that says please enter the credentials for 132.168.03:52199' below. But I get an immediate overlaid window (that seems to imply that the credentials have already been entered???) that says "connecting to theserver, please wait..." but THEN NOTHING MORE HAPPENS ( As if it cannot connect)  when I click on Cancel I see another screen that says "There was a problem loading (library name).

Re my NAS ...  it is a western digital device connected to the router that holds music files for approx 500 cd level albums.  On my main jrmc pc I can see the nas on my windows list of drives but not on my main jrmc software.  Should I be able to see it on the Id?

Overall, what I am trying to do with the I'd issue to retrieve cd and hi Res music files either via hard wire or wifi.  I don't have any particular need to make an Id copy of all the files on the NAS drive ... just want to retrieve them (through the main pc version of jrmc (as I understand it) so I can relay the to a dac and headphoneamp.

As you can tell I am a non technical person -- so I really appreciate simple terminology.  THANX VERY Much!!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 07:09:20 am »

The Id is usually used as a DLNA Renderer, but can be used in other ways.

Please say briefly how you want to use the Id.

This topic might help:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Servers

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 04:16:44 pm »

I currently have jrmc 20 running on my main pc and using a western digital nas, both hard wired to home network.

I am accessing the files using jremote on an Android tablet.  

I am trying to use the new Id, both Wired and through wifi possibly, in another part of the same house to access the same music files.  Then going from the Id to a USB dac and headphone amp.  Right now no need to duplicate the music files on the Id. Just want to access and play them.

I BELIEVE the Id is active via hard wire on the network but seems to not recognize the main library on the main pc.... and doesn't seem to recognize the nas.   Don't know where to go next.  Do I have to enter the main jrmc accss key into the Id software?

Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 04:26:14 pm »

I am trying to use the new Id ... in another part of the same house to access the same music files.  Then going from the Id to a USB dac and headphone amp.  Right now no need to duplicate the music files on the Id. Just want to access and play them.
OK.  I think I understand now.

You can use JRemote to do what you want.  
   1.  Connect to your library.
   2.  Play to the Id directly.

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 08:10:00 am »

Progress!  Thank you.

The tablet is showing the I'd as a zone and allowing me to send music there.  However my Oppo HA1 (connected via usb) documentation seems to require downloadng an oppo driver that I have located AND configuring the software in order to use the Id withthe HA1.   I assume I need to download that driver onto the Id jrmc/Id software?  Is there a browser on Id to help me dowload?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 08:15:44 am »

You could work directly with the Id to make sure it works with the Oppo before you go on to using JRemote.

You'll have to make sure you're using the right audio setting on the Id so it sends the signal to the USB port.  I assume you've found the Id instructions on our wiki.

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 10:52:13 am »

Still struggling.

My JRiver Remote tablet recognizes the ID and SEEMS to be sending music files to it, but no sound produced ... is there some way of telling whether the Id is receiving those files?  ...  It appears that my DAC Headphone amp (OPPO HA-1) is not receiving any ID signal through my usb connection.  The only place I can find to choose a music output device is through MC on the Id -- and it is impossible to tell which choice is correct for the pairing with the OPPO HA-1.  I have tried them all -- no signal coming through to the HA-1.  Is it necessary to re-boot after changing your choice of music output device?

Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 11:30:56 am »

Try changing the audio output in MC.  They have strange names, but one will correspond to the USB DAC.  I believe that Front ALSA is the USB connection on the front.

After you select each output, stop playback (not pause it), then play again. 

Check the volume in MC.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 02:31:31 pm »

I had forgotten that you could also use a web browser on another machine to change your settings.  Here's more:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=103033.0

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 07:37:08 am »

Success -- using the information in your 2-3 post -- THANK YOU! One of the music output device choices on the Id MC DID WORK with the OPPO -- but only after shutting the music off and on after trying each one by one!

I did post a question about whether it is possible to "browse" from the Id --- and I assume from your 2-4 post that one cannot "browse" from the Id(?).

NOW -- I also want to "copy" the Main Library on my main MC PC to the Id hard drive -- so that, among possible other uses, I can use the Id as a self-contained music player if I choose to take it on trips, etc. -- without the necessity of connecting to my home network.  I assume the Id can then take commands DIRECTLY from JRemote on my tablet. I have read through how to set that up but it looks fairly involved/technical.  Any further tips anyone can offer?

Much Appreciated!!! 

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 07:51:02 am »

I assume I need to download that driver onto the Id jrmc/Id software?  Is there a browser on Id to help me download?
You shouldn't need to install any drivers.  

I also want to "copy" the Main Library on my main MC PC to the Id hard drive -- so that, among possible other uses, I can use the Id as a self-contained music player if I choose to take it on trips, etc. -- without the necessity of connecting to my home network.  I assume the Id can then take commands DIRECTLY from JRemote on my tablet.

You can copy files across your network, using Finder or Explorer.  Search for the Id there.  It will be found under Networks in Explorer.  Try a few before you do very many.

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2016, 10:32:39 am »

As of last evening I believed all functions were a "GO," but this morning I powered up my main PC, my remote MC tablet and my Id system.  The tablet can switch to the Id as the playback zone, and seems to relay commands to the Id screen, BUT when I click on an album the top of the screen "cycles" through all of the song titles without playing any of them.  No sound is relayed to my DAC/headphone amp.

(When the zone if changed to the main MC PC, playback from the tablet seems to work properly.)

Also -- A general question:  When I have a mouse/screen AND tablet are both in communication with the main MC PC how does the software know which to respond to?  ...OR does it switch back and forth depending on which source gives it commands?

THANKS.

Pages: [1]   Go Up