INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting started with developer programing  (Read 19523 times)

Harroun4

• World Citizen
Getting started with developer programing
« on: January 30, 2016, 11:22:27 pm »

Sirs: I am new to programing on a PC, but have done some programing for industrial PLC's etc. Quite a bit using C+ so think I should have a little advantage to get going.

Now have Microsofts Visual Studio 2013 and down loaded your SDK's. On one forum page I see notes to install the SDK on VS 2005, but this is not working, can not find the program listed to automatically install.

I am hoping that I can write a plug in (if that is the correct term) to save the current address for the playing audio track for each "smartlist" so when the list is called up again that track will play automatically. This should be possible project.

If this can be successful I have a few other ideas I would like to have a go at. Before I did my own programing on a Creston system to accomplish many nice things using C+. So would like to transfer that experience to your system.

Regards, Harroun

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Getting started with developer programing
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 06:23:02 am »

What is it that won't install?  MC?

The MCWS interface is probably a good place to start:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Web_Service_Interface

Harroun4

• World Citizen
Re: Getting started with developer programing
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 07:57:20 am »

This all is more complicated that I had thought. I was trying to install or load the "Software Developers Kit" into Visual Studio. Or maybe that is not what needs to be done.

First I must follow your suggestion for a starting point and see what I can accomplish.

My hopes is to come up with some simple code to save the address or name of the current playing tack for that smart list in use. From there I hope to be able to use that to resume playback at the stopping point when returning to that play list.

Looking as some of the info or feedback available I see and indicator when tracks change. I think I see enough information to call up that track. After this I am thinking that if something tells me when the play list or smart list changes, I could issue the command to play the last track listened to.

In my previous system which was a Creston control system with 12 CD changers connected. The whole process took two lines of code and worked flawlessly for several years until I abandoned the entire system now that storage is reasonably priced and much mechanical and physical space can be saved with ripping the 4800 CD's to a hard disc.

Regards, Harroun
Pages: [1]   Go Up