INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Auto-EQ" music similar to ReplayGain? (probably OT)  (Read 1137 times)

SpedInFargo

• Recent member
"Auto-EQ" music similar to ReplayGain? (probably OT)
« on: February 02, 2016, 02:03:48 pm »

I have a playlist with all of the albums from a favorite artist.  ReplyGain on the files makes them listenable by removing ridiculous difference in volume.

However, different albums are obviously mastered in much different ways - in fact she did a Greatest Hits album where the best way I can describe the sound is muffled and a bit bass-heavy.  It's bad enough just listening to that album, even worse when those songs come up in a random mix.  If I go through those songs and manually apply some EQ on them I can get them to sound much better to my ears.

That got me to thinking:  is there any tools that will analyze a group of songs and automatically do this for me?  Maybe give it a few "control" songs or even albums and suggest an EQ for each of the other songs to adjust a bit?  Obviously wouldn't want to go through and actually modify the files directly but it would be interesting to hear what kind of result it would come up with and then a guy could tweak it from there.

Anything like this exist?
Pages: [1]   Go Up