INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Didn't have a very pleasent MC TV experience tonight...  (Read 1645 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Didn't have a very pleasent MC TV experience tonight...
« on: February 02, 2016, 10:02:02 pm »

When I came home to watch the end of the hockey game I had a Direct3D error (as per my other post) and couldn't watch anything...

The only way to resolve it was to completely restart JRiver+Service therefore disrupting 2 recordings.
After restating I watched a bit of the game and then tried to watch another older recording that had ATSC reception issues and MC couldn't handle playing it.  I had to use the windows 10 media player to keep watching it.   We're just talking about a few seconds of pixelization here but MC would stop responding...(Tried both Standard and HQ...Same behaviour)

Then at the end of the show I wanted to resume watching the hockey game but somehow the recording got cancelled and I missed the end of the game.
Then trying to setup a subscription didn't work and couldn't figure out why....

Lots of work has to be done guys...On the right path but definitely not on par with my expectations based on past experience with another software...

imeric

• MC Beta Team
Re: Didn't have a very pleasent MC TV experience tonight...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 08:18:57 am »

I forgot...The IR Blaster stopped working...This happened a few times in the last 2 weeks.
It was still not responding this morning and completely restarting the JR+ the service is needed to bring it back.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 10:19:47 am »

I forgot...The IR Blaster stopped working...This happened a few times in the last 2 weeks.
It was still not responding this morning and completely restarting the JR+ the service is needed to bring it back.
Is WMC disabled?

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 12:31:19 pm »

I'm using Windows 10 so no WMC and just restarting MC fixes it so its within MC.

I  think it has something to do with when you redo a TV setup (either through the setup or by clicking on a profile config...or when MC crashes...
Hopefully I'll figure out how to reproduce.  Besides...Too many things happened at the same time last night..Can't really tell what caused what ?
thx Jim.
Pages: [1]   Go Up