INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver skipping near the end of every song  (Read 8198 times)

madmiserablebastard@gmail

JRiver skipping near the end of every song
« on: January 18, 2016, 02:58:37 am »

Hi

I am using JRiver MC 21 and it skips once a couple of seconds before the end of every song, this happens every time. Does anyone have any ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver skipping near the end of every song
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 03:11:35 am »

Please try the build from the top of this board.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 05:07:10 am »

Hi

I am using 21.0.23 which seems to be the latest version available for download. Is there any other version i should try?

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 05:09:25 am »

Hi

I found what you are referring to. Will give it a try.

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 02:53:40 am »

Hi

I have tried 21.0.37 & 21.0.39 and I still have the same problem where it skips once at 4 seconds before the end of the song, this happens on every single song.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 03:52:40 am »

Please describe details of your setup.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 09:39:33 am »

In the last few seconds  of each track, MC loads the next track. You may be seeing a skip because for some reason the load on the system of finding and loading the next track interrupts the playing track. That can be caused, for example, if an under powered system tries to load a hi rez file from an external or network drive. Without knowing the configuration it is hard to diagnose your problem. By the way, do you get a skip at the end of the last track of an album?

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 03:23:52 pm »

If it does it for every song, I wonder what kind of setting you have in Options/Audio/Track Change?

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 07:29:16 am »

My music files are stored on a NAS and I run JRiver on a laptop running windows 10. My network is ethernet 1GB. I am using a USB ASIO connection to a Cary DAC-200ts. I use JRiver upscale to 192kb, but I have the same issue on songs that are natively 192kb. Is there anything else you would like to know?

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 07:32:05 am »

If it does it for every song, I wonder what kind of setting you have in Options/Audio/Track Change?
Hi, It is set to standard, gapped +2 seconds

BradATIMA

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 09:53:49 am »

I may be misunderstanding the situation, but is this possibly because the "Do not play silence (leading and trailing)" option under "Track Change" in the audio options menu is checked?

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 10:57:41 am »

I have narrowed it down to upsampling, if i lower the upsampling to 48k or remove it completely the problem does not occur.

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 11:00:31 am »

My music files are stored on a NAS and I run JRiver on a laptop running windows 10. My network is ethernet 1GB. I am using a USB ASIO connection to a Cary DAC-200ts. I use JRiver upscale to 192kb, but I have the same issue on songs that are natively 192kb. Is there anything else you would like to know?

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2016, 03:17:36 pm »

My guess is there might be delays from the NAS that are causing the problems. Can you try putting some files on the internal disk and seeing if you still have the problem. I have had the problem that you describe with hirez files over a network, but I also have an absurdly slow computer. I have pre-buffering set to 2 seconds, and play 3 seconds of silence at the beginning. Track change is set to gapped 3 seconds. You might try playing with all of those, as well as increasing the device buffering setting. Also, if you have Play from Memory set, you might try turning it off. I ended up going to a usb drive rather than a network drive, but, as I said, my computer is absurdly slow so I am not necessarily a good test.

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 12:01:08 am »

Hi All, I have managed to make the problem "go away" if not resolve it. If i set the pre-buffering to 2 seconds and the song gap to 2 seconds I no longer experience the skip sound. My theory is that the skip is happening in silence so it cannot be heard. Using this logic you would think that if I set the prebuffering to 4 seconds and the song gap to 4 seconds it would also resolve the problem, but it does not. Very strange.
Pages: [1]   Go Up