INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 21 hang  (Read 2512 times)

Ark :D

• Recent member
MC 21 hang
« on: February 03, 2016, 09:35:08 pm »

Hello,

I'm getting a fairly frequent "JRiver Media Center 21 has stopped working" crash.  I would say, once a day, maybe slightly less.  It appears ONLY the main HTPC gets this;  of course, when it happens, the other two stop working until I can restart JMC on the main box.  Attached is a shot of the logged item in Event Viewer.  (Sorry for the cell phone pic, but there's no keyboard on that machine so this was fastest)

Main HTPC is Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, with a Ceton InfiniTV6 PCIe with Windows 8/8.1 drivers installed.  Core i5 (Haswell), 16GB RAM, 250GB boot SSD and three 1TB Western Digital Red's in RAID 0.  Crash may be related to USB and/or my MCE remote;  tonight, right before it happened, my daughter told me she couldn't do anything with the remote.

Two sub-HTPC's are both Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, and each are identical hardware-wise:  Pentium G3250, 8GB RAM, 60GB boot SSD.

Lastly, I am aware than .39 is not the latest version.  I haven't yet had time to install the latest.

Thanks in advance for your support!

http://i.imgur.com/gFHOBpY.jpg

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JMC 21 ... fairly frequent crash
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 06:13:17 am »

Is it this problem?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=103015.msg715275#msg715275

That is probably an Nvidia driver problem.  Some users found that rolling the driver back to a previous version solved the problem.

The "not working" part suggests a hang, not a crash.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 06:52:13 am »

You need to capture and post a "Log" just after restarting from a crash if JRiver is going have an success at troubleshooting this.
Help>Logging

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 07:09:12 am »

JimH:  That should not be it.  The HTPC's are all running on the integrated GPU's in their Intel CPU's.

CountryBumkin:  I will do that next time.

Thank you both.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 08:21:37 am »

Is it a crash or a hang?  What happens?  Any error message?

• Recent member
Re: MC21 Hang
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 09:23:01 am »

It appears to be more of a hang than a crash.  "Crash" is just the first word that came to mind for it, I apologize.

Last night was the first time I witnessed it in person.  My daughter was watching a recorded show, and came to complain to me that the remote wouldn't do anything.  I came to check it out, and she was right (MCE remote, USB IR receiver was registering button presses with a red LED).  I grabbed the mini-keyboard hit Ctrl-1 to take it out of theater/display view and nothing happened.  A second later, I got the Windows dialog box popup stating that "Media Center 21.exe has stopped working".  Upon reopening Media Center, the remote works fine again.

The only other thing that happened was, there was an entry made in Event Viewer (shown in the image link in the first post).

I will make use of CountryBumkin's tip to capture a log next time.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
Re: MC 21 hang
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 10:11:00 am »

Not sure if it's a crash or a hang but I need to force it to close when I leave it on playing in the evenings on my work PC. When I come back the next morning it will have stopped playing and crash.

Logs sent to logs at jriver
Pages: [1]   Go Up