INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updating EPG  (Read 6444 times)

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
Updating EPG
« on: February 04, 2016, 06:51:59 am »

WMC21 seems to keep losing program data from UK EPG.  Is there a quicker way to get programme info back other than a full rescan?

Should the EPG be auto updating its programme data?

evor
Trevor
CustomBuild HTPC. YAMAHA RXV673 BK A/V RCVR, AE:Floor Standing AEGIS NEO 3 SPEAKERS,Center: AE NEO 7ii BK CTR SPKR, Sub NEO 8ii BK SUB, Rear:AEGIS NEO 1 V2 SPEAKERS (BLK), Sony MDR-HW700 headphones, KDL55W829BBU SONY 55" 800HZ SMART LED TV and OPPO BDP-105DBMR MULTIREGIONED FOR BLU RAY AND DVD

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Updating EPG
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 07:08:37 am »

You can go to Television>TV Options>Load Program Guide.

Where are you getting your EPG data from (mc2xml, some third-party software, or ?)

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 07:37:37 am »

Thanks trying that. But gets to screen which says wait loading data and sits for ages (waited 5 mins)with animation spinning if you go to xml v1.4 window choose ok then choose transmitter (caldbeck).   It loads channel programme times but no programme info?

If  I leave wait window eventually windows says jriver has stopped responding

See also att
Trevor
CustomBuild HTPC. YAMAHA RXV673 BK A/V RCVR, AE:Floor Standing AEGIS NEO 3 SPEAKERS,Center: AE NEO 7ii BK CTR SPKR, Sub NEO 8ii BK SUB, Rear:AEGIS NEO 1 V2 SPEAKERS (BLK), Sony MDR-HW700 headphones, KDL55W829BBU SONY 55" 800HZ SMART LED TV and OPPO BDP-105DBMR MULTIREGIONED FOR BLU RAY AND DVD

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 07:58:19 am »

I see you are not in the USA. I don't know how well the built-in MC2XML (Microsoft Rovi EPG data) works in other countries - but it seems like in some countries it is not too good. You may need to wait until someone from UK can answer.
However you should not need to rescan channels. And the Guide data should automatically load each 24 hours (provided you checked the "box" telling MC to automatically reload).

You may also want to try a different EPG data source (like Zap2it or the stand-alone version of MC2XL (ver 1.6). Then just import the EPG data file (xmltv.xml) into JRiver.

There are some setup guides here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=100319.msg695326#msg695326 if you want to try that.

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 08:05:46 am »

Thanks for your help.  I've tried with other non Microsoft providers in the past without too much success.  EPG has been working great in mc21 much better than 20.

Oh well I'll see if any UK users answer.

Thanks agsin
Trevor

Trevor

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 08:18:34 am »

I tried mc2xml with your postal code, and choosing Freeview - caldbeck, there is no new data.  Sorry about that.  There is something wrong at the source of the data.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 09:29:31 am »

Thanks for checking that out.  I'll wait a day or two the try other routes

Trevor
Trevor

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
Recording Errors
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 01:07:56 pm »

Recently MC has not recorded correctly. Recording listing show a recording with a random title (see screenshot1). And if you try and view the file you get decoder error message (screenshot 2)

Trevor
Trevor

CountryBumkin

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 01:15:45 pm »

Is the TV Tuner(s) working okay - can you watch TV?  Have you recorded anything since (on the same channels)?

Also you should list the type of hardware you are using and the computer/operating system.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 12:31:15 pm »

Are you talking about those titles that begin with "bUnknown-..."?  I don't recognize these as TV recordings.  Where do you see them?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 02:05:15 pm »

Are you talking about those titles that begin with "bUnknown-..."?  I don't recognize these as TV recordings.  Where do you see them?

In list of recorded TV shows.

Why has my post title changed to EPG ??
revor
Trevor

CountryBumkin

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2016, 03:24:16 pm »

Trevor,
Did that strange file just show up - or is there supposed to be a recording there?
Meaning did that "bUnknown..file" get created at the same time a program was scheduled to be recorded?
Pages: [1]   Go Up