INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm a new user of media center 21. I have problems to classifie my albums  (Read 1240 times)

AntoineF

Hello

:'(. I like it very much. I use gizmo and everything works perfectly.

But

If I have an album, for example of Bob marley. Some songs are from "Bob Marley", and some from "Bob Marley and the wailers". The album will not be classified with Bob Marley, but with Various artists. Worst, I have a lot of compilations for children. Same problem.

If an album is unknown, I can't rename the Genre. It stays unkown.

In my server, I have a double cds of Zbigniew Preisner. There's a directory called Zbigniew Preisner. In it, a subdirectories : Requiem for my friends (it's the title of the album). In it 2 other subdirectories corresponding to the 2 cds of the album : "I Requiem for my friends" "II Life". Media center doesn't show the artist in the list, and the 2 parts like 2 albums.

I have also : Hubert Felix Thiefaine, 12 albums. The artis appears under 3 names : HF Thiefaine, Thiefaine Hubert Felix and Hubert Felix Thiefaine. How to group them?

Thx be advance is someone can help me!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: I'm a new user of media center 21. I have problems to classifie my albums
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 11:01:33 am »

If I have an album, for example of Bob marley. Some songs are from "Bob Marley", and some from "Bob Marley and the wailers". The album will not be classified with Bob Marley, but with Various artists. Worst, I have a lot of compilations for children. Same problem.

You can easily fix this using [Album Artist].  Set the [Album Artist] field to "Bob Marley" and it should then show up as just Bob Marley.  The individual songs will still show the artist they show now.  But MC will now group them all as being from Bob Marley.  Here are more details:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Album_Artist_and_Album_Artist_%28Auto%29

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up