INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customize Tooltip  (Read 2598 times)

xpto

• Recent member
Customize Tooltip
« on: February 03, 2016, 05:56:06 pm »

In Standard View there's a "Hover info box" (for the lack of a better name/description) that appears when you leave your mouse pointer stopped for about 1 second over a Movie or a Music track.

It would be intuitive ... scratch that... it would be not just intuitive but *great* if we had the ability to configure what info appears there by using the Expression Language.

I would like to be able to select the info that I find important to be displayed in that "Hover info box".

An idea similar to the "Thumbnail Text..." dialog box seems like the perfect fit for this customization.

I was looking everywhere for a way to customize this "info box" to no avail.

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Customize Tooltip
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 09:47:51 am »

In Standard View there's a "Hover info box" (for the lack of a better name/description) that appears when you leave your mouse pointer stopped for about 1 second over a Movie or a Music track.

It would be intuitive ... scratch that... it would be not just intuitive but *great* if we had the ability to configure what info appears there by using the Expression Language.

I would like to be able to select the info that I find important to be displayed in that "Hover info box".

An idea similar to the "Thumbnail Text..." dialog box seems like the perfect fit for this customization.

I was looking everywhere for a way to customize this "info box" to no avail.

Thanks

You can create a library field named "Tooltip" and fill it in with an expression to display in the "Calculated data" portion of the field.

Then you have full control over the tooltip information that's displayed.

It was this change:
20.0.88 (3/30/2015)
Changed: If there's a custom library field created called Tootip and it evaluates to non-empty, it will be used for the text of the tooltip.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Customize Tooltip
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 10:03:42 am »

You can create a library field named "Tooltip" and fill it in with an expression to display in the "Calculated data" portion of the field.

Then you have full control over the tooltip information that's displayed.

Wow!  I've wondered about this for a while and had no idea [Tooltip] was available.  Would you mind sharing the template that MC uses for the tooltip by default?  By template, I mean that text that is displayed if [Tooltip] doesn't exist.  I could try to work it out myself, but it seems have a number of conditionals in it.  If it's not in expression language format and rather, in C++ logic, then I guess it's not worth the time to share it here.

My intention is to use the template as a place to start and then add, subtract, and rearrange to suit my needs.

Thanks,

Brian.

Toucan

• Recent member
Re: Customize Tooltip
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 08:26:27 am »

Did you get anywhere with this?

I've just come cross this post and it's exactly the sort of thing I want to do too. Could you please share what expressions you have made for the Tooltip tag if you were successful?

Many thanks.

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 08:40:00 am »

There was a nice thread recently about this : http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99227.0

Toucan

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 09:58:03 am »

Thanks - really useful info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up