INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issue with library location  (Read 2947 times)

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
  • Music and Audio enthusiast
Issue with library location
« on: February 13, 2016, 06:48:00 am »

helloI am struggling with these isse without success so-far:
- at JRiver big-bang in my setup I created a library which gets multimedia files from a network location like this: \\nas-ms\Qmultimedia\
- later I have been suggested to map the this location as a network dribe, i.e. z: is the base root of \\nas-ms\QMultimedia
what I observe is tha some library entries are duplicate as

'Like a rolling stone' location z:\Music\Bob Dylan\Highway 61 Revisited/01 Like a rolling stone.flac

and

'Like a rolling stone' location \\nas-ms\QMultimedia\Music\Bob Dylan\Highway 61 Revisited\01 Like a rolling stone.flac

I tried to remove the library entry but it does not stop to re-appiring again and again
Since \\nas-ms is still a valid path JRiver does not complain BUT I see duplicated entries in the menus :(

Indded I changed in Tools>Options>Libraries and Folders>Auto Import>Configure auto import whith just references to z: (I delete the old \\nas-ms entries since weeks)
It looks like a dead horse still stays in the libray configuration files ...
thanks for your help

Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.
NAS: QNAP TS-531 with 5x4TB HDDs
DAC/ADC: RME ADI2 PRO
Speakers (active): 2 x ATC SCM50ASL
Subs (active): 2 x REL 528 Signature

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Issue with library location
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 07:07:56 am »

'Like a rolling stone' location z:\Music\Bob Dylan\Highway 61 Revisited/01 Like a rolling stone.flac

and

'Like a rolling stone' location \\nas-ms\QMultimedia\Music\Bob Dylan\Highway 61 Revisited\01 Like a rolling stone.flac
Set your auto-import settings to import from one or the other.  Right now, you're importing both ways, but the source is the same.

Then "soft" delete one set of files by searching for the drive letter or name of nas.  Try a few before you do very many.

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 07:15:10 am »

I probably sorted this out: the issue was in the Audio -> Files in the left navigation menu. Two files locations were there: I'd probably had to remove the \\nas-ms location manually (JRiver did not since it was still a valid location)
Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 07:37:28 am »

grrrrr. still does not work! \\nas-ms location is re-appearing again and again after I delete it in the audio->File submenu->locations
Stereo:

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 08:26:45 am »

Set your auto-import settings to import from one or the other.  Right now, you're importing both ways, but the source is the same.

Then "soft" delete one set of files by searching for the drive letter or name of nas.  Try a few before you do very many.

grrrr.  read and follow directions
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 08:45:13 am »

ok sorry for the grrr ... I was just kidding :) (and thanks for replying)

Then I specified three auto import folders in the media import dialog box
z:/Music for audio files
z:/Video for video files
z:/Images for still images files
I removed since long time ago (many weeks) any reference to \\nas-ms (I got this suggestion here in the forum: let the OS resolving the network unit for z:, so appearently I did not forget any reference to \\nas-ms around
Still, if I grep the jriver library file i can find them
Stereo:

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 10:04:32 am »

Right. If you search your Library for [Filename] = "\\nas-ms" you need to remove them from the Library (select them, hit delete, and choose the TOP option that just removes them from MC).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up