INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cancel or Done button? Editing XMLTV load program guide settings  (Read 2695 times)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Cancel or Done button? Editing XMLTV load program guide settings
« on: February 05, 2016, 05:43:49 pm »

From the Too Easy thread:

A very small request that will certainly help new users setting up TV, and making changes to the EPG data setup.

I just implemented the new time-out for running an external program to load EPG data. When I got to the point shown in the attached image I wasn't sure whether to press Cancel, or Scan. I didn't really need to scan my channels again, as I had just changed the time-out and re-activated my original EPG Collector task in the TV setup.

So, could the button next to the Scan button be renamed "Done", as that more closely represents what the button does, and won't have user wondering if all their changes are about to be lost if they press that button. Thanks.

The Cancel button is really the cancel button.  It cancels.

To edit your profile without rescanning, you should just select the profile and click Configure button, instead of running Setup.

I don't understand what you mean here Yaobing.

The only change I wanted to make was to change the time-out from 20 to 60 minutes, and re-enable running of the external EPG collection program. The only "Configure button" I can see is used to configure the tuners, which doesn't give me access to making those changes.

If I go into the "Load program guide..." dialogue, there is no "Configure button", just Add and Delete.....

Ah, I see. In the "Load program guide..." dialogue, if I select "Add" and then select XMLTV, I do get access to the above settings, and can change them. Well that was non-intuitive!!! I also noted that while I had two profiles in the "Load program guide..." dialogue, one to just load an externally generated XMLTV file, and the other to run the external program and load the data file, following the "press Add button" process only allowed me to edit the second profile, which is the profile that has a tuner profile associated with it. This could be a hang over from earlier functionality, because the profile to just load an external XMLTV data file was created years ago, but it was still working fine until a day ago, and probably still would if I activated it. That XMLTV profile doesn't seem to need a tuner profile associated with it.

Also, I just went through the TV Setup process again, changed the time-out from 60 to 65 minutes, and then hit Cancel at the point in the image, and then went back into the "Load program guide..." dialogue, selected "Add" and then selected XMLTV, and the change to 65 minutes had been saved.

So the Cancel at that point doesn't cancel all earlier settings, as you implied. What exactly does that Cancel button cancel?

While I don't rerun the TV setup process very often, like some other people do, if I am getting confused I would guess a whole lot of other people are getting confused as well. Some clarification would be appreciated.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Cancel or Done button? Editing XMLTV load program guide settings
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 06:11:28 pm »

See attached screenshot.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 06:14:34 pm »

Ah, I see. In the "Load program guide..." dialogue, if I select "Add" and then select XMLTV, I do get access to the above settings, and can change them. Well that was non-intuitive!!!

This option is for people who need to add multiple EPG loading methods, because each tuner profile can only have one EPG method.  EPG loading methods can be independent of a hardware/tuner profile.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 12:55:25 am »

Okay. I see that does give me access to the settings I wanted to change, as they are associated with the one tuner profile I have.

Thanks Yaobing.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up