INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stack Cache files - how does MC decide what MP3 to use and naming conventions ?  (Read 1156 times)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Hi,

I need to sync a new handheld and currently have MC setup to use the conversion cache when syncing handhelds.  (I sync from a Library server CLIENT)

My question is, what is the naming convention for the cache please?

When converting to MP3 there are several options for the LAME encoder (VBR/CBR) and the quality levels.  So how does MC determine if an MP3 file in the cache is the correct one?

For example, I sync'd a test album yesterday that already had cache files built and MC seemed to use some from the cache and then created some new cache files as well.

So in my cache folder I have the same track with two different names; one ends with "- Cache Audio Custom.mp3" is 4MB and is dated Dec 2012, and the other "- Cache.mp3" is 7MB and was created when I did the sync just now.  Clearly they are different, but how does MC determine which to use and why did it create new cache files for only some of the tracks?

The odd thing is last night I used the "High" quality setting, but back in 2012 I'm sure I use the Extreme, both on VBR.  Yet the 2012 file is smaller.

I want to sync my entire library, so just want to try to make sure I don't end up with MC converting files rather than using the cache and duplicating the cache!

Thanks
Richard

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Hello?

Can anybody at JRiver please explain how handheld stack files are names/handled?

Thanks
Richard
Pages: [1]   Go Up