INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote now playing list for networked renderer zone bouncing back to other zone  (Read 3526 times)

tim_horel

• Recent member

I'm having a problem with JRemote 3.22 & MC 21.0.23 where the networked renderer's playlist will not stay selected, the choice bounces back to another zone & refuses to let me work with it.

Config is Windows 7 MC server, hardwired ethernet connections to renderer (Marantz SR 6010) and trying to use JRemote on an iPhone 6s+ via wifi on same subnet.  iPhone using latest IOS (9.2.1). 

I'm using JRemote in this case as a simple control point, computer display is not going to the receiver.

I've added a couple of other zones to use different equalization profiles for different music types (like classical, pop, jazz), these switch automatically based on track meta data.

It's like there's an error when I try to select the Marantz zone & it switches back to a previous zone selection.

Help!

Thanks,
Tim

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe

I've added a couple of other zones to use different equalization profiles for different music types (like classical, pop, jazz), these switch automatically based on track meta data.

It's like there's an error when I try to select the Marantz zone & it switches back to a previous zone selection.

Help!

Thanks,
Tim

Hi Tim

Just guessing here, but this is what caught my eye ... check your zone switch rules. if you are not using JRiver as a renderer especially this could be a problem if in the playlist you have mixed pop jazz and classical together.

It could also be a compatibility issue with the DLNA rendering.  Could you try using JRiver as the renderer and just send the signal using the receivor just as a DAC to test

tim_horel

• Recent member

If I use the Marantz as the control point as well as the renderer there are no issues.

I'll check the zone switch rules as the zone if JRiver was the renderer would have been classical when this happened & that's the zone JRemote bounces to.

Thanks,
Tim

tim_horel

• Recent member

Found it.  After removing all zones I'd created it was still doing it.  Turns out there's a pair of switches in JRemote that says "Server follows app zone changes" and "App follows server zone changes".  Turn those off & the problem went away...

Thanks,
Tim

chrisgreen

• World Citizen

Where did you find those switches.. "Server follows app zone changes" and "App follows server zone changes"?

chrisgreen

• World Citizen

Found the setting and fixed my problem. Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up