INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Had to re-install MC 21, now still freezing/locking up  (Read 5276 times)

Blueshound24

• World Citizen
Had to re-install MC 21, now still freezing/locking up
« on: February 08, 2016, 11:39:47 pm »

Due to some glitches I was having I had to un-install and re-install MC 21, (MC would freeze up at the end of the last song while ripping a CD, it would be locked up at 100% ripped, happened with every CD I tried, and was very laggy). Everything seemed to go well. So once all the music files auto imported then I "restored library" from the most current backed up library. I also restored my licence by entering my registration code on the restore page and saved it.

When I go to Help > Registration Info, my name is listed as "Registered to..."

Anything else I need to do?
Desk Top:
JRiver 25 > Industrial Intona Hi Speed Isolator > UpTone Audio USB Regen > PS Audio Perfect Wave II 2.4.3 > Parasound Halo > KEF LS50 + HSU STF-1 sub x 2
~ or ~ Questyle CMA600i/Icon Audio HP8 MKII/Lyr >  HD800s/Elear/AHD7000/LCD2.2f/HD650/HD700/u18t/Roxanne

Dedicated Room:
Sony SACD 777ES > First Sound Presence Deluxe Mk II > Plinius SA100 MkIII > Von Schweikert Audio VR5

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Had to re-install MC 21, now what?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 05:26:15 am »

not sure I understand your question .. if it says your Name after registered to you are good to go. If you restored your library with the settings option checked, all your prior config and settings should be in place.

Blueshound24

• World Citizen
Re: Had to re-install MC 21, now still freezing/locking up
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 10:05:05 pm »

not sure I understand your question .. if it says your Name after registered to you are good to go. If you restored your library with the settings option checked, all your prior config and settings should be in place.

Actually, prior to restoring my licence by entering my registration code on the restore page, when i went to: Help > Registration Info, my name was already listed as "Registered to...Me". So it showed my name even before I restored my license. Anyway the original issue of freezing on the last song ripped seems to have resolved with the re-install.

However, I have a new issue now. Every once in a while when MC is minimized to the bottom taskbar, it locks up/freezes down there and I am unable to maximize MC.

I then get the little pop up window that says:

Media Center 21 is running, but there may be a problem. Possible causes:

1. The program is also running under a different user account.
2 Media Center 21 and Media Server are both in Window Startup. You must remove one.
2. The  program is not responding for an unknown reason.

Please try rebooting the computer. Verify that no other user account are running the program.
OK

So nothing I have tried maximizes MC from the taskbar and it is still running. The only thing I can do to unfreeze it from the taskbar is to restart the dang computer. I'm stumped. Could anyone chime in with possible solutions?

Thanks!
Desk Top:
JRiver 25 > Industrial Intona Hi Speed Isolator > UpTone Audio USB Regen > PS Audio Perfect Wave II 2.4.3 > Parasound Halo > KEF LS50 + HSU STF-1 sub x 2
~ or ~ Questyle CMA600i/Icon Audio HP8 MKII/Lyr >  HD800s/Elear/AHD7000/LCD2.2f/HD650/HD700/u18t/Roxanne

Dedicated Room:
Sony SACD 777ES > First Sound Presence Deluxe Mk II > Plinius SA100 MkIII > Von Schweikert Audio VR5

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 09:14:45 am »

are you using Win10? If so next time this happens, test by right clicking on task bar start Task Manager and retart (do not choose stop) Windows Explorer process. If this frees JRiver up that's Win10 .. lots of people want a Microsoft fix.

If not I'm really not sure. The error message you get could be from the fact that Media Server is still loaded and clicking on the task bar makes Windows think you are trying to relaunch it???  To see, go to the notification area find the JRiver icon and right click on this and try the Show option. If you can get this to expand the UI that would be a work around but not a solution

Blueshound24

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 02:13:29 pm »

are you using Win10? If so next time this happens, test by right clicking on task bar start Task Manager and retart (do not choose stop) Windows Explorer process. If this frees JRiver up that's Win10 .. lots of people want a Microsoft fix.

If not I'm really not sure. The error message you get could be from the fact that Media Server is still loaded and clicking on the task bar makes Windows think you are trying to relaunch it???  To see, go to the notification area find the JRiver icon and right click on this and try the Show option. If you can get this to expand the UI that would be a work around but not a solution

No, using Windows 7.

Prior to re-installing JRiver I had brought up task manager > right clicked on MC and ended process. But I was afraid that may have made MC unstable in the first instance. Doesn't look like there is an option to restart in wdws 7.

Sorry, which notification area to find JRiver icon? Do you mean the taskbar in wdws 7?
Desk Top:

Dedicated Room:

Arindelle

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 02:39:11 pm »

Sorry, which notification area to find JRiver icon? Do you mean the taskbar in wdws 7?
no I meant the icon i the notifcation area near the clock. You see this if media sever is running and you can expand the UI or stop the program. If you are in Win7, forget about the task manager. This is not a fix though, just maybe away to unlock it without a full reboot.

Blueshound24

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 06:48:14 pm »

no I meant the icon i the notifcation area near the clock. You see this if media sever is running and you can expand the UI or stop the program. If you are in Win7, forget about the task manager. This is not a fix though, just maybe away to unlock it without a full reboot.

Thanks for that. I will give it a try when/if it comes up again...
Desk Top:

Dedicated Room:

Blueshound24

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 08:36:38 pm »

If not I'm really not sure. The error message you get could be from the fact that Media Server is still loaded and clicking on the task bar makes Windows think you are trying to relaunch it???  To see, go to the notification area find the JRiver icon and right click on this and try the Show option. If you can get this to expand the UI that would be a work around but not a solution
Darn, it happened again:(

It happens during ripping a CD like described in my initial post:
Due to some glitches I was having I had to un-install and re-install MC 21, (MC would freeze up at the end of the last song while ripping a CD, it would be locked up at 100% ripped

So if MC is minimized during ripping it still has the freezing-up issue at the end of ripping a CD, thus it is locked/froze and unable to maximize.

In task manager, Media Center Service is also running in addition to MC, JRService. (This is located at: Computer > OS (C) > Program files (x86) > JRiver > Media Center 21).

Not sure if this is needed or if it is conflicting??

I do NOT see JR Media Server running in task manager, MC21. (This is located at: Computer > OS (C) > Windows > System32).

I do not see any JRiver icons in the notification area to try your suggestion to try the Show Option.
To see, go to the notification area find the JRiver icon and right click on this and try the Show option. If you can get this to expand the UI that would be a work around but not a solution.

Color me baffled  ?
Desk Top:

Dedicated Room:

dexterdom

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 03:33:54 pm »

I wanted to chime in that I also see the exact same problem, on several of my PCs. They are all Windows 7, both 32 bit and 64 bit versions. Right-clicking on the MC notification icon does nothing and I'm forced to end the process using Task Manager. The only thing that seems consistent is that when I start MC again after the crash I am notified that an update is ready to be installed. Could this be related to the updates?

However, I have a new issue now. Every once in a while when MC is minimized to the bottom taskbar, it locks up/freezes down there and I am unable to maximize MC.

I then get the little pop up window that says:

Media Center 21 is running, but there may be a problem. Possible causes:

1. The program is also running under a different user account.
2 Media Center 21 and Media Server are both in Window Startup. You must remove one.
2. The  program is not responding for an unknown reason.

Please try rebooting the computer. Verify that no other user account are running the program.
OK

So nothing I have tried maximizes MC from the taskbar and it is still running. The only thing I can do to unfreeze it from the taskbar is to restart the dang computer. I'm stumped. Could anyone chime in with possible solutions?

Thanks!

Blueshound24

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 08:41:32 am »

I wanted to chime in that I also see the exact same problem, on several of my PCs. They are all Windows 7, both 32 bit and 64 bit versions. Right-clicking on the MC notification icon does nothing and I'm forced to end the process using Task Manager. The only thing that seems consistent is that when I start MC again after the crash I am notified that an update is ready to be installed. Could this be related to the updates?

I do not see the notification for an update...

For me, it seems this freezing up is occurring at the end of ripping a CD, and if MC has been minimized during ripping, it will not allow me to maximize MC and it will not allow me to right click on MC’s icon in the task bar to close the program, it does nothing when right or left clicked on.

The only options I have are either to restart the computer without closing MC or end the MC process in task manager. And I suspect either way could have damaging effects on MC.
Desk Top:

Dedicated Room:

Blueshound24

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2016, 11:15:25 pm »

Ok, it had been doing ok, now even ripping with no other apps, programs, email client or browser on or open, MC 21 freezes at the end of ripping every CD. It shows ripping progress at 100% on the last song ripped, but it freezes there, everything locks up and I am forced to shut the computer down and do a restart.  ?
Desk Top:

Dedicated Room:
Pages: [1]   Go Up