INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New recorded TV not showing up on secondary HTPC's  (Read 2592 times)

Ark :D

• Recent member
New recorded TV not showing up on secondary HTPC's
« on: February 09, 2016, 09:31:07 pm »

Hello again,

My wife pointed out to me that sometimes, new recorded TV shows are not showing up on our secondary HTPC (which is using the main HTPC as a library).  It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does happen, simply closing and re-opening JMC on the secondary HTPC fixes it.

There's no errors or anything to give you.  I tried over the weekend to reproduce the problem with test recordings but I could not get it to happen.

Thanks!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: New recorded TV not showing up on secondary HTPC's
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 12:22:39 am »

If you have Authentication turned on in Media Server, and you have "Auto Sync with Server" turned on in Options, then the Library Server Sync should happen every few minutes.

That is, new items that appear on the Server should appear on the Client within a few minutes. They usually show up pretty quickly on my Client, and pretty reliably.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Ark :D

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 07:26:03 am »

I believe the issue might be that I had added the server's library to the secondary client BEFORE enabling authentication.  I just went to the client, removed the library, and re-added it.  When I did so, I was prompted for the username and password which I do not remember happening before.  Should be good now I think.

Thanks for your help.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 06:24:06 pm »

this will also sometimes happen to me, but I just have to back out of the shows view, and re-enter.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 08:28:48 pm »

Yeah the view does need to be refreshed. F5 in Standard View. I'm not sure if F5 works in Theatre View, but I usually just jump back to the menu and then back into the view to see if a show has turned up yet. Most of the time I am in Standard View when adding or checking programs though.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 08:48:56 pm »

Yeah, I'm 97% in theater view.  But I do the same as you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up