INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA volume control not working - Pure Jongo T2  (Read 33236 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DLNA volume control not working - Pure Jongo T2
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2016, 05:04:10 pm »

I now have 2 Jongos, I was torn between buying a ChromeCast Audio and a Jongo A2. At £14 the ChromeCast seemed like a no brainer but then I found the Jongo A2 for £19 so being able to control both devices from one app tipped the balance. It only arrived this morning but I have to say the syncing between the two devices is very impressive, I wouldn't want to make any adjustment to it. I remember years ago (10 years?) when I was using MC11 with multiple sound cards and amps, trying to balance the output timings it took a bit of time to get it right whereas this needed no work straight out of the box. I've been floating between houses for several years but it's nice to see the tech move on.

I have only been using the Jongo app so far but if there is anything you want me to test with the 2 Jongos just let me know. The first thing I need to work out is creating a new zone to play to both of them.

cheers
Mark

It looks like the device has it's own service for sync, I don't think you will be able to get a synced zone link with MC.
Also, though the device supports setNextAVTransportURI, it closes the audio device so it doesn't play gaplessly.
Many of these types of devices might benefit from being accessed as a stream device as opposed to a file based device since they can't display metadata anyway.
We aren't doing that at this time.

milknkukis

• World Citizen
  • Crumbs!
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2016, 04:49:02 am »

So I made a change that will make this work.

Thanks Bob, I just wanted to report back that I can now change the volume from MC 21.0.54.

I can also change the volume from Gizmo but it's very slow as it's only 1% at a time but I guess this is an issue for Gizmo not MC21. I'll start a different thread for bigger volume increases in Gizmo.

Thanks again for looking at this!
Mark

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2016, 01:08:41 pm »

Thanks Bob, I just wanted to report back that I can now change the volume from MC 21.0.54.

I can also change the volume from Gizmo but it's very slow as it's only 1% at a time but I guess this is an issue for Gizmo not MC21. I'll start a different thread for bigger volume increases in Gizmo.

Thanks again for looking at this!
Mark
It probably wouldn't be slow in gizmo except for the issue that the Jongo responds to the commands pretty sluggishly.

milknkukis

• World Citizen
  • Crumbs!
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2016, 01:39:52 pm »

Yep, if I'm adjusting the volume of the PC from Gizmo it's instant, I can just hammer away on the up/down buttons and it gets there. Would be nice to have a slider though... :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up