INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I tell MC21 not to 'eat' volume button press?  (Read 3464 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
How do I tell MC21 not to 'eat' volume button press?
« on: December 06, 2015, 07:11:51 pm »

When I press, volume up/down buttons on the keyboard, typically Windows 10 shows the little bar on the top left corner which shows how much the volume is. If I have MC21 running, windows does not show this. I think MC21 is 'eating' the volume button presses. Note that volume does change when I press the volume up/down button, I just don't get the nice windows display of what is the current volume.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,
Osho

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: How do I tell MC21 not to 'eat' volume button press?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 07:22:29 pm »

To turn off MC's handling so the system handles it instead:
Options > General > Media key mode > Disabled

Note that I think this is kind of a poor choice, and I'd recommend leaving MC in control.  But do what you like.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 11:30:11 pm »

Note that I think this is kind of a poor choice, and I'd recommend leaving MC in control.  But do what you like.

I agree this is a poor choice - but the current situation is worse - right now when I use the volume buttons on the keyboard, I get no indication on the screen that the volume has changed. Can MC always show a popup (preferably a big one - which is readable from the couch) irrespective of whether it is in focus and/or it is playing any media? We often watch youtube and other web-based media via browser and use keyboard to navigate it and volume buttons to control the volume. In this usage mode, MC eating up volume buttons without any visual feedback to the user is not desirable.

Thanks,
Osho

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 11:54:58 pm »

Have you tried watching said YouTube content from within MC standard view > video > connected media > youtube?

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 08:31:32 pm »

Have you tried watching said YouTube content from within MC standard view > video > connected media > youtube?

Youtube is not the only such content we watch. We watch a lot of other web-based media which is not available from inside MC.

Osho

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 08:37:33 pm »

What is your listening setup?  Is this at a desk?  A living room system?  I'm curious how the keyboard is being used.  What are you playing through?  Meaning, after the computer, what's the playback chain?  Desk speakers, a full AVR, headphones, etc.  There might be another way to do what you're trying to do, using a different method.

Brian.

amsco15

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 09:11:52 pm »

Will disabling Media key mode have any affect on DLNA playback?  A quick experiment indicates no.  Just looking to confirm.

Thanks!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 06:50:05 am »

No.
Pages: [1]   Go Up