INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Q: When will MC support DSP for movies via DLNA?  (Read 1839 times)

masterjoe

• World Citizen
Q: When will MC support DSP for movies via DLNA?
« on: February 11, 2016, 12:44:50 pm »

The DSP section allows loudness control and effects like EQs, compressors, limiters, VST effects and so on.
However the DSP section does not work for video files - there the audio is not processed through the DSP chain when sent to a DLNA renderer.

As this should not be so hard to do - when can we expect MC to process video audio through the DSP section via DLNA?

Thanks.

geoptin

• World Citizen
Re: Q: When will MC support DSP for movies via DLNA?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 01:54:56 pm »

The DSP section allows loudness control and effects like EQs, compressors, limiters, VST effects and so on.
However the DSP section does not work for video files - there the audio is not processed through the DSP chain when sent to a DLNA renderer.

As this should not be so hard to do - when can we expect MC to process video audio through the DSP section via DLNA?

Thanks.

+1!
geoptin

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 10:39:01 pm »

FYI - DSP is also not used when playing Internet Audio Links (eg Internet Radio Stations), as a result you are at the mercy of the end device to support the format being streamed (which seems to be all over the shop).
JRiver CEO Elect

masterjoe

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 04:58:21 pm »

Ok - then... MC should be able to use the DSP section whenever audio is being repackaged / processed.

I the case of my OT transcoding of the video might be on. But it would even be better if there was an option for videos to ONLY transcode the audio stream and leave the video stream as is. In this case the audio should still be sent through an active DSP section.

So please make DSP available wherever possible and useful :)

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up