INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a not so good Crash  (Read 10909 times)

JohnnyFire

a not so good Crash
« on: February 14, 2016, 01:49:12 am »

when you right click the refresh button that there is right to the playnow menu the program will crash this happens even with the latest stable release even with the latest beta.

does this happend to anyone else?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: a not so good Crash
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 02:59:42 am »

Confirmed. Good catch :)

JohnnyFire

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 03:16:47 am »

im glad to help my friend! i love this app its the most completed quality stable of all!

may i have a request tho?  ;D

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 05:51:10 am »

Requests are always welcome, but best placed in a new thread.

Depending on the nature of your request though, you may get little or no developer feedback. They will see it though.

Many requests/ideas are posted each week. Some are unnecessary as the goal is already achievable, some are not well thought out, some are too complicated or edge case to be considered, some are seriously good ideas, but it could still be a year or more before it becomes a reality.

While this forum offers direct interaction between customers (of which I am one) and the developement team, I think it's fair to say that they can't be expected to respond to everything posted, else we would never have an end product. Between them all though, they do see most things posted.

The trick is not to take any lack of feedback personally.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 11:47:14 am »

I'm not clear where you're clicking.

I click the refresh button in playing now with a right-click and pick "Execute: Refresh" and it runs fine.

So I must be looking in the wrong spot.

Any help?  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JohnnyFire

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 11:50:32 am »

when u right click in refresh tab button that there is in the right of the playing now tab the app crash with every version app i test

JohnnyFire

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 12:05:57 pm »

when i press right click no menu showed up or execute nopthing just a sigle crash everytime

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 01:24:06 pm »

For me, a right click on either of the three buttons at the left end of the tab bar, back, forward or refresh, results in a crash.

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 01:46:52 pm »

Confirmed.... but only a right click for me crashes MC.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 03:50:52 pm »

Yep, confirmed on my Client PC.

Right click on any of the buttons highlighted in the image causes an immediate crash.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JohnnyFire

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2016, 04:37:36 pm »

exactly that i mean!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 08:27:01 am »

I can't reproduce this crash.  I asked the rest of the team to test as well, but I wonder what might be different?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 08:30:04 am »

Confirmed here.... Win 10 x64

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2016, 08:43:33 am »

This will be fixed in the next build. :)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2016, 09:09:16 am »

This will be fixed in the next build. :)
Then no need for me to confirm that I can reproduce the same issue.  ;)

JohnnyFire

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 10:30:28 am »

in 21.0.48 nothing fixed none of my problems

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 10:50:59 am »

in 21.0.48 nothing fixed none of my problems

Its not supposed to. .48 is from last week. It includes build dates in the post, .48

21.0.48 (2/12/2016)

Builds get a bit of internal testing before they show up, so it usually takes 1-2 builds before any fixes show up.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JohnnyFire

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2016, 10:54:02 am »

cool so we need to wait... sadly i moved to other software till my problem fixed!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 10:58:38 am »

That problem is really obscure (unlikely, uncommon, etc).  It's probably been there a long time but nobody has ever right clicked there.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2016, 11:36:01 am »

cool so we need to wait... sadly i moved to other software till my problem fixed!

Why don't you just NOT "right click" at that place, and keep using MC? No reason to move to other software.

JohnnyFire

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 12:11:55 pm »

stable software means stable software no matter what!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 12:28:06 pm »

It was fixed within a day of being reported.  We'll try to do a better job next time.

Arindelle

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2016, 01:09:59 pm »

stable software means stable software no matter what!
yeah they should be more like Microsoft! Missing you already, Johnny

blgentry

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2016, 06:23:02 pm »

That's ridiculous.  You found a super obscure bug that requires a special action that doesn't ever happen under normal circumstances.  So you then switch to other software as a response?  I don't understand.  Why not just avoid the button press, which does nothing useful, instead?

Brian.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2016, 07:05:14 pm »

Strange.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2016, 09:57:46 pm »

im glad to help my friend! i love this app its the most completed quality stable of all!

may i have a request tho?  ;D

Glad you feel this way. Oh, wait...

JohnnyFire

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2016, 11:00:24 pm »

irony wont help m8s...as from what i found its something to me cause a software that cost that much i wait to be at least stable whatever whenever.... as for microsoft its another story linux has bugs too but... rocks! as windows too... anyway my point is if you charge something and want the customers to buy it do it right 1rst stability a test 100% every aspect every single click....2nd make it more customizable and last dont import irony in it...users will support something unique but no something similar like other

JohnnyFire

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2016, 12:34:26 am »

That's ridiculous.  You found an super obscure bug that requires a special action that doesn't ever happen under normal circumstances.  So you then switch to other software as a response?  I don't understand.  Why not just avoid the button press, which does nothing useful, instead?

Brian.

cause life is not an avoid, a paid software with bugs is not able to be avoid. casue some of us trying to create and want a better app!

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2016, 03:35:27 am »

All complex software has bugs Johnny.  That includes open and closed source software;  software that's been developed by advertisement revenue, donations revenue or like MC small license fee's to pay for the many millions of dollars it has cost to develop.

By your definition there is no stable software.  Media Centre is very stable - you've just found something that most people would be very unlikely to ever do and which has been fixed in a very rapid manner - which is all anyone can really ask for.

If you want to keep to your definition then I'd recommend shutting down your machine and never restarting it - because every software from every vendor has issues like this - you've just not found them yet.

If you don't believe this you might consider giving software development a go and try making a few releases a week - knowing that every time you make a code change in one place it could have affects you've not even thought of in hundreds of other places within the application. If you can do this flawlessly time after time then there's a lot of people out there that would like to offer you a job for some very good money.

JohnnyFire

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2016, 05:15:14 am »

my machine is always on like my mind! all i say i find something for some nothing but for me YES is something

flac.rules

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2016, 05:33:40 am »

All complex software has bugs Johnny.  That includes open and closed source software;  software that's been developed by advertisement revenue, donations revenue or like MC small license fee's to pay for the many millions of dollars it has cost to develop.

By your definition there is no stable software.  Media Centre is very stable - you've just found something that most people would be very unlikely to ever do and which has been fixed in a very rapid manner - which is all anyone can really ask for.

If you want to keep to your definition then I'd recommend shutting down your machine and never restarting it - because every software from every vendor has issues like this - you've just not found them yet.

If you don't believe this you might consider giving software development a go and try making a few releases a week - knowing that every time you make a code change in one place it could have affects you've not even thought of in hundreds of other places within the application. If you can do this flawlessly time after time then there's a lot of people out there that would like to offer you a job for some very good money.

While I do agree that all software has bugs, and that changing the program for something this obscure is a bit odd. (and that this particular bug has been fixed in exemplary fashion, and very timely), I wouldn't say MC is pretty complex, and of the programs I have tried in newer times among the bottom 50% when it comes to stability/bugs. So i can somewhat understand it if stability is a very important criteria for you.

JohnnyFire

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2016, 05:39:31 am »

i dont have only one bug that my point.... a crash and video glitches the defently doesnt occurd buy my machine a huge point to make a temporely switch

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2016, 06:51:46 am »

Johnny,
The way we work on this forum may be different from what you're used to.  Here's my view of what works best.

1.  Report any problems you find with as much detail as you can (OS, version number of MC, etc.)

2.  Try to keep an open mind about the cause of the problem.

3.  Try to avoid arguments.

4.  Don't ridicule.

5.  Try to be patient, or even better, try to be kind.

If you're having trouble with language, try translate.google.com.  It will make it easier for people to understand you.

If you can do this, you will probably get the attention you want.
Pages: [1]   Go Up