INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: remote library EDL file not picked up  (Read 2063 times)

CubicZirconia

• Recent member
remote library EDL file not picked up
« on: February 14, 2016, 08:51:14 pm »

Hi

1. an M2TS file on Windows host A. with an EDL file that cuts out commercials and an SRT file for subtitle. A MC21 is set up on host A, with media server running.

2. On another Windows host B, play from remote library, the EDL cuts are not picked up, so commercials show and likely related to that the subtitles from the SRT file are completely out of sync.

3. On the same second windows host B, in Windows Explorer, go to Network, and then the remote folder on host A, play the same media file to Media Center 21 on host B, everything works fine.

So looks when the media server serves the library to another MC instance on another host, it is not feeding the EDL file properly.

May or may not be an easy fix.

CubicZirconia

• Recent member
Re: remote library EDL file not picked up
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 07:52:20 pm »

it seems BD folder structures can not be played over remote library either. pretty much only single video/audio files in the library. anything that is more complex, separate EDL, SRT, structured data are more difficult.

Castius

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 03:41:01 am »

I test a .ts video with an edl and it worked my my MC client.
I also copied that edl to the same name as another m2ts file and it worked.

CubicZirconia

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 08:02:22 pm »

Thanks Castius for taking a look.

I apologize that I misdiagnose the problem. I d like to revise the description of the problem.

I have a folder of ts files with standalone srt files. 1-to-1 with the same file name. when accessed remotely, seems the player failed to pick up the correct srt file. if I use the down arrow to scroll to the subtitle interface. all the srts are listed and I can manually select the correct one.

I believe most players, including jriver when accessing local library, knows to look for an srt file with the same name, but this selection is lost on remote libraries.

not a big deal, but if there is an easy fix, maybe?
Pages: [1]   Go Up