INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEWSLETTER: JRiver Team at Work  (Read 3486 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
NEWSLETTER: JRiver Team at Work
« on: February 11, 2016, 09:39:17 am »

This is a newsletter that is going out later today.

Jim

-----------

Good Day,
I asked each of the JRiver developers to write about their recent work, thinking I would edit it, but then I realized that you might enjoy reading about their progress in their own words..  Their comments follow the highlights.

Best regards,

Jim Hillegass, CEO

Chromecast
JRemote should have Chromecast support later this month.  Watch the Remotes board on our forum for the announcement.

3D Blu-ray
3D Blu-ray support is under development, thanks to the work of developers madshi (madVR) and Hendrik/nevcairiel (JRiver/LAV).  You can follow their progress on our forum.

TV
MC's TV has numerous setup and EPG improvements, new channel logos, and EPG color coding for sports, news, etc.

JRiver Hardware
We recently lowered the JRiver Id prices, thanks to lower parts costs.  The Id has been very successful as a reliable DLNA Renderer or Server.  It uses less than 10 watts of electricity so it can be run 24 hours/day.  It works well with JRemote and Gizmo, so it can be run without a monitor.

Mac and Linux
De-interlaced video support is coming soon.  Many fixes.  Support for images and video.

IoT
We've begun a long-term Internet of Things project.  See Gene's comments below for more information.

Upgrades
You can purchase an upgrade for a discounted price.  Upgrading will preserve your data and settings.

License Retrieval
Here's how to retrieve an old license and Restore it.  You can also upgrade your old version at a discount.

Developers at Work

Yaobing
Added channel logos. Keyboard Delete key now works in TV view in Standard View. ">>" and "<<" buttons on the MC remote shift the TV guide one day forward or back, [Season] can be included in TV recording rules.

Matt
Ctrl+D opens DSP Studio.  Added the ability to set the zoom of a video from the command line.  Added a mid-side encoder and a Linkwitz Riley to Parametric Equalizer.  Improved the parsing and handling of SACD files.

Hendrik
[3D Blu-ray]  Weeks at least, but its uncharted waters so who knows if we'll manage to get everything working flawless in that time.  Right now it's still a lot of manual fiddling to use it.  You could announce it with a warning that it's a work in progress.

Brad
Removing Microsoft Foundation Classes from CD Labeler, and rebuilding it using JRiver classes, to allow porting. Separating some of the generic code for Media Center from the Media Center specific code, to make it easier to write extensions without using unnecessary Media Center code. Working on an experimental program using the JRiver classes outside of Media Center to perform other functions.

John
Cover Art lookup has changed so that, when YADB doesn't have much, we do a better job of finding art on Amazon, including higher resolution art.

Bob
A new Id firmware will result in the Id kit running on more devices. A kernel update has improved device support.

Gene
Working on an IoT (Internet of Things) controller that will allow computers and phones to talk to Z-Wave devices.  The first release will work with our Android OneRemote app to control lighting.   We will add additional networking technologies, and connect to other vendors' controllers and Internet services.  Most users will use our non-procedural GUI.  Advanced users will be able to use Python to create advanced applications, interface new devices and services, and share their work with the JRiver community.  The controller will run on Windows, Mac, and Linux.   We will provide Android and iPhone apps for home control, and computer/web applications to configure automatic operation.

Update or Upgrade
If you own an MC21 license, you can just download and install any new build of MC21.  If you own an older version, you can upgrade at a discount.  Your data and settings will be preserved.

jgreen

Re: NEWSLETTER: JRiver Team at Work -- Save $7
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 10:54:45 am »

Great idea, JimH!

Would this thread also be a good place to post follow-up inquiries on feature requests?  Say after we've waited an appropriate length of time (5-10 minutes)?  I think it would be a nice gesture if the developers each set aside a few hours daily for status updates, customer service tasks, answering fan mail.  Hmmm?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 11:01:27 am »

Sure.

iScream

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 11:27:00 am »

Well, crap.  Bought my license one day too early.  Oh well, $49 is still a bargain for what this app does.

-Chris

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 06:30:27 pm »

And here I was thinking you guys just sat around taking our money  ;D

stewart_pk

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 06:47:17 pm »

Just to clarify ... 3D Bluray? Don't you mean 3D MKV? Not the same thing.

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 06:59:54 pm »

Just FYI, the as-mailed newsletter tries to format itself very wide, which means in web mail clients like Gmail, you can't read all of the paragraphs without scrolling to the right and then back to the left and back to the right and...

I think I've tracked it down to the footer, but I'm not sure.  I'm just sure that it requires scrolling left to right to read it.

Brian.

rocksteady40

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 06:21:08 pm »

Matt,

Thank you for adding the Ctrl+D hot-key to open the DSP window.  Oh so useful!  Thank you also for adding the Linkwitz-Riley (high pass) filter.  This a great start to being able to implement a Linkwitz-Riley (LR) crossover (probably the most widely used crossover type).  Would it be possible to add a LR Low Pass filter also?  This would allow for users to create a full LR crossover :)

Thanks
Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up