INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zone link and unlink from Remote , Any Plans?  (Read 2890 times)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Zone link and unlink from Remote , Any Plans?
« on: February 19, 2016, 07:41:05 am »

I've done a bit of research and have found numerous threads on this topic:  Using JRemote to link and unlink zones.  There didn't seem to be any feedback from JRiver on this.  Is JRiver interested in this feature?  It seems like one of the few things that are considered a "state of the art" feature in multi-zone playback that JRiver doesn't have.

I think most people expect the Sonos model of being able to click zones on and off to play the same thing in different zones at the same time.  Since zone link is already a feature, it seems like this might not require all that much effort to implement.  I don't know of course; I'm just speculating.

I've kludged together a way of playing to all zones from Remote, but it's super ugly.

How many of you guys (and girls) are wanting this feature?

Brian.

Daverich4

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Zone link and unlink from Remote , Any Plans?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 11:15:52 am »

I've done a bit of research and have found numerous threads on this topic:  Using JRemote to link and unlink zones.  There didn't seem to be any feedback from JRiver on this.  Is JRiver interested in this feature?  It seems like one of the few things that are considered a "state of the art" feature in multi-zone playback that JRiver doesn't have.

I think most people expect the Sonos model of being able to click zones on and off to play the same thing in different zones at the same time.  Since zone link is already a feature, it seems like this might not require all that much effort to implement.  I don't know of course; I'm just speculating.

I've kludged together a way of playing to all zones from Remote, but it's super ugly.

How many of you guys (and girls) are wanting this feature?

Brian.

Brian,

I might be misunderstanding your question but JRemote lets me link some or all of my devices together and play the same thing. On my iPhone, when the settings window is open the currently selected device is on the bottom. When I click on that another window opens with all of the devices available shown and a link button in the upper right corner. That allows me to choose which devices are linked together. The process is slightly different on my iPad but the choice is there as well. If you're talking about something else, sorry for butting in.

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 02:36:04 pm »

^ You seem to be discussing *exactly* what I was asking about.  I've talked about this in other threads and have been told that JRemote doesn't do it.  I don't own JRemote because I don't have any IOS devices (yet).  So I can't check.

If this feature you describe does what I think it does, that would be great!

Can any other JRemote users comment?

Brian.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 03:01:14 pm »

^ You seem to be discussing *exactly* what I was asking about.  I've talked about this in other threads and have been told that JRemote doesn't do it.  I don't own JRemote because I don't have any IOS devices (yet).  So I can't check.

If this feature you describe does what I think it does, that would be great!

Can any other JRemote users comment?

Brian.

I can't see such a button in the Android version.  There are a handful of things that are different between the two versions, but I have no idea what they are because I've never seen it on an ios device.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 06:18:06 pm »

Well... wow.

I just walked my buddy through the process over the phone.  JRemote on IOS has zone link!!!!

Thanks DaveRich!  Thanks JRiver!  :)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up