INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Last Fm scrobbles everything, and steals my screen  (Read 1905 times)

jachin99

• Citizen of the Universe
Last Fm scrobbles everything, and steals my screen
« on: March 15, 2016, 11:48:59 am »

When I have JRiver running, and I launch power dvd JRiver pops up in front of powerdvd, and plays audio.  I am thinking it is a Last.FM related problem within JRiver because even when I launch Task manager, I see a Last.FM dialogue box pop up for a second. 

This is an especially big problem when I try to watch movies through power DVD because I will hit play or next track, and JRiver steals control from power dvd, and launches my music player, then brings the audio visualization to the front over the movie I am trying to watch.
This happens when any jriver service is running in the background, I.E. JRiver server. 

What is a good ruleset I can use for the program in order to filter out files or executables that do not make sense to scrobble.  I would like to to limit the scrobling to local media, and Spotify plays.   I have my Spotify linked to my last.FM account but If I launch or play Spotify through JRiver, I am not sure that it will count my plays.  I have tried the default audio ruleset but I am thinking that either Last.FM or JRiver sees the audio in each track, and this launches my audio player over programs that I am trying to use, such as Powerdvd. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Last Fm scrobbles everything, and steals my screen
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 11:53:09 am »

Check your settings for Last.fm in MC's options.  It's under Services.

jachin99

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 01:09:02 pm »

I might not be understanding how these rules are applied.  I added a filter for my music folder thinking it would only activate last.fm when I play music from this folder.  Does it actually do the opposite and submit the play for everything but that folder?  I still get the music visualizer fullscreen when I pullup youtube, or an ad plays in my web browser

jachin99

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 01:47:29 pm »

I disabled last.FM, and uninstalled a third party last.fm plugin, and that seems like it fixed it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up