INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Madvr render time independent of settings  (Read 6246 times)

Guybrush

• World Citizen
Madvr render time independent of settings
« on: February 22, 2016, 11:42:25 pm »

My gaming HTPC has a 980Ti GPU and 4790K CPU. Running MadVR in MC I'm getting a constant frame render time of 40-41ms, regardless of my madvr settings. That's resulting in a lot of dropped frames and every time a frame drops, the audio sync gets off track. So, I can upscale using NNEDIA3 at 128 neurons or drop it down to Bicubic, and there is no effect on the render time. It stays at 40-41ms. I've tried changing the queue sizes as well to no effect. Has anyone else seen this issue?

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Madvr render time independent of settings
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 08:02:50 am »

My gaming HTPC has a 980Ti GPU and 4790K CPU. Running MadVR in MC I'm getting a constant frame render time of 40-41ms, regardless of my madvr settings. That's resulting in a lot of dropped frames and every time a frame drops, the audio sync gets off track. So, I can upscale using NNEDIA3 at 128 neurons or drop it down to Bicubic, and there is no effect on the render time. It stays at 40-41ms. I've tried changing the queue sizes as well to no effect. Has anyone else seen this issue?

I've seen some similar issues lately with an NVIDIA 960.  One thing to confirm: make sure that your chosen scaling options are actually being used by MadVR by bringing up the on screen display with Ctrl-J.  MadVr recently introduced some new "trade quality for performance" options two of which default to DXVA scaling overriding other settings.  So you can set NNEDI or Jinc, but if you look in the OSD it's using DXVA instead.  In my case DXVA was not more performant than the scaling I was already using, so I was trading quality for less performance! 

Guybrush

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 08:40:42 am »

I did a little more testing to better define the problem. Starting a movie from the beginning gets me 10-11ms render times with my current settings. It stays there if I leave it alone. If I open the madvr settings window or fast-forward or jump using the scroll bar, the render time starts climbing. It climbs rapidly until it reaches 40-41ms and holds steady there. Pausing or stopping and starting the movie do not fix it. If I want to go back to the 10-11ms render time, I have to start the movie over from the beginning. I've tried the delay start until queue is full after seeking option and it doesn't help.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 09:49:55 am »

I've had the same issue and it was fixed by reinstalling madVR.

Delete the madVR folder from C:\Users\&username%\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21. Then play a movie to redownload the lasted JRiver approved madVR. You won't lose any settings.

Guybrush

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 09:54:17 am »

Great, thanks! I'll try that out after work. So, just playing a movie will cause madVR to download automatically?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 10:22:47 am »

So, just playing a movie will cause madVR to download automatically?
Yes, if you have Red October HQ selected as your video mode.
Pages: [1]   Go Up