INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote PC-Shutdown via JRemote  (Read 5844 times)

Lewin

• Recent member
Remote PC-Shutdown via JRemote
« on: February 23, 2016, 09:54:20 am »

I'm using JRemote on the iPad, which I like very much; great app, thanks a lot.

However, I'm missing a way to correctly shut down the PC from JRemote. I searched for this, but didn't find clear instructions how to do this.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Remote PC-Shutdown via JRemote
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 11:18:14 am »

Hi

Hit the gear icon top left corner and the setting pop-up will show you your connected server with a right arrow and information circle. Click on it and scroll down and you'll see in red 4 choices : shutdown, sleep, hibernate and restart.

Lewin

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 02:09:36 pm »

Thanks, I found the red choices.

Your description is correct; the one in JRemote is not. It sais "Tap the blue arrow for more server options, including commands for shutting down ...", but there is no blue arrow. You have to tap the i-circle or gray arrow next to it.

So far, so good, except that the shutdown doesn't seem to work in my system. It is now 10 min since shutdown, and the PC is still on.

Here is what happens: After the shutdown command, there appears a box on the PC display "Do you really want to shut down?" with a Yes/No option to click. Since the PC is headless (no display), this is not seen and the PC just sits there waiting. I traced this with Microsoft Remote Desktop.

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 05:35:49 am »

hmm this does not happen for me, (I run my hTPC headless, but as an admin, might have something to do with it?)

maybe you have a lot of other programs loaded that are hanging the shutdown?? I usually only have media server running, maybe chrome. Check task manager?

Lewin

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 06:24:16 am »

Hmm ... strange. I have Win 8.1 and I'm only running MC21, Remote Desktop and AVG Antivir. No difference, even if I close Remote Desktop prior to trying the shutdown via JRemote.

I'm using Remote Desktop to automatically enter the Windows login password at PC start. How do you do that on your headless HTPC? Or are you using it without a password?

By the way, shutdown with Remote Desktop works without any problem. The hangup happens only with JRemote.

Arindelle

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 07:11:28 am »

I'm using Remote Desktop to automatically enter the Windows login password at PC start. How do you do that on your headless HTPC? Or are you using it without a password?

No password for win startup and media server. I have a lan password, that I set in JRemote.  I use Teamviewer on my clients. Nothing is needed for JRemote, at least on the IOS version... haven't checked the Android version.  Remote desktop to start my HTPC would be a pain.

Lewin

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 07:56:18 am »

Your idea with the LAN password instead of the Windows login password sounds like a good alternative. As far as the JRemote shutdown hangup is concerned, the problem is also mentioned in some other posts (if I correctly remember from my last search).

Arindelle, thanks a lot for your assistence.

Arindelle

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 08:08:02 am »

sure Lewin :) hope you get this sorted

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 08:23:52 am »

Nothing is needed for JRemote, at least on the IOS version... haven't checked the Android version.

This feature is still missing from the Android version  :(

Arindelle

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 01:28:01 pm »

This feature is still missing from the Android version  :(
Seriously? Well I think it really should be, shouldn't be a big deal IMO. Feature request time!
Pages: [1]   Go Up