INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: analyzing audio  (Read 1812 times)

mz1012

• Recent member
analyzing audio
« on: February 24, 2016, 06:20:56 am »

Hi, I am new, so, please excuse me, if I should ask a question which has been already solved. I am audio-analyzing my files, but I never come to an end. The analyzing always seems to stop (or it needs hours and hours for one single file), but I can not see if it is always the same file or different files. Is there a possibility to see which file perhaps may be somehow corrupted, or is there a way to cancel/override analyzing this special file? Or is it normal that analyzing of some files may last for so long? My biggest file is 2.6 GB. Thanks

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: analyzing audio
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 07:14:08 am »

Sometimes a file will be "broken" and MC will hang on it will analyzing. On my laptop it takes less than a minute to analyze a 10GB video file, and about 5 seconds for a 28MB audio file.

If the process is not completing, you probably have a bad file. Try to analyze the files one at a time (or two at a time) to find the one that is causing the problem.
You can select a couple of files at a time, and then right click on the selected files and use  Library Tools>Analyze Audio from the popup list.

Also if you have "Analyze Audio set to automatically run on each file import, you can turn this off at "Tools>Options>Library & Folders>Configure Auto Import"

mz1012

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 10:25:10 am »

Hi Bumkin, thank you very much for your advice. Could track down the error to two files, both downloaded from www.hifistatement.net, which become audio-analyzed only up to 24%, then stopping for several times. All other files analyzed meanwhile. So, thank you very much!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 10:34:32 am »

Which files were they?  We should download and try them.

mz1012

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 01:08:58 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up