INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automatically analyzing audio for video on TV recordings  (Read 2044 times)

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
Automatically analyzing audio for video on TV recordings
« on: February 24, 2016, 11:30:46 am »

MC 21.0.45 isn't analyzing audio for video automatically.  I have the box checked in auto import to do this but it isn't happening.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Automatically analyzing audio for video on TV recordings
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 01:05:45 pm »

Are you "watching" the folder where the TV recordings are saved?
Tools>Options>Library & Folders>Configure Auto Import. Is the "TV Recordings" folder listed here, or do you move your saved TV shows to another folder that is watched?

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Automatically analyzing audio for video on TV recordings [Solved]
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 08:39:55 pm »

That was it.  I apparently moved the recording folder recently when I set up a separate server upstairs from the client downstairs.  Thank you.

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 09:01:45 am »

Well, MC still not automatically doing the auto import.  I have had to manually go to the server and run auto import; incidentally running auto import on the client didn't trigger the analyze audio function.   [running 21.0.45].

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 06:05:34 pm »

I don't have the answer, but I agree that there is something wrong with how Auto-Import is working at the moment.

If MC can see File System Events for the location media is stored, (disk drive, NAS, etc.) then it should only take moments for Auto-Import to run and at least start the analysis. If MC can't see File System Events it should still start Auto-Import every two hours. But it doesn't seem to be doing that.

I have recordings from last night that up to 8:30pm were analysed, but one that started at 8:39pm, and another 10:20pm, hadn't been analysed this morning. Both were long shows, and the HTPC would have gone to sleep after the last one finished, but they should have been analysed when MC woke at

It isn't just the Audio Analysis that is missed either. Cover Art isn't collected, and "Get Movie & TV Info..." isn't being run, even though I have both set to be run for my recorded TV folder. Even after running Auto-Import, the Cover Art used on a TV episode is still a frame grab from the program, not collected Cover Art. Same with the Movie that was recorded.

There have been some similar discussions recently:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=103059.msg715737;topicseen#msg715737
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=102902.msg715226;topicseen#msg715226

Search around and you may find more. I do think this needs either a bit of attention, or an explanation of what is going on, and what should be happening. Particularly as it is inconsistent, or appears to be.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 06:13:38 pm »

My media files are stored on a shared folder on a Mac Pro which apparently is not doing the file events protocol with Windows.   Even so MC should be checking every two hours but isn't.   So I have created a scheduled task on the Windows server machine (thanks to Glynor for the instructions) to check every 30 minutes.  We'll see if that works.
Pages: [1]   Go Up