INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.237 beta available  (Read 6262 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.237 beta available
« on: August 21, 2003, 02:33:19 pm »

Please read VERY carefully. This is a BETA version of 9.1.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:      

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=di splay;num=1054751628

but if you're patient and willing to help us work out some of the bugs, you can download 9.1 here:  

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91237.exe    

(backup your library before installing)    

Please report any 9.1 problems in this thread.  Keep a list of problems and if they aren't fixed in the next build, please post the list again.    

History:
1. Fixed: Skinned scrollbars would not show up in some system dialogs.
2. Fixed: Favorites did not work with items which contained '\' in their name (e.g., mounted drives).
3. Fixed: Action Window shows only tools not on the "Home" page on the "More Tools" page now.
4. Fixed: Pg Up / Pg Down wouldn't retain focus while editing in the properties window.
5. Fixed: Playlist views wouldn't always update after changes properly.
6. Fixed: MC does a better job of keeping the Action Window and Content Playing Now's synchronized when making changes.
7. Fixed: MC better handles &'s in menus.
8. Changed: Disabled tree horizontal scrollbar -- use tooltip or grabber to widen view if necessary.
9. Fixed: Installer now checks for supported version of Windows. (requires Win98SE / W2K / later)
10. Fixed: Command line /Treepath and possibly others weren't working properly.
11. Fixed: Statusbar wouldn't always reset the cursor to an arrow in some cases.
12. Changed: MC Logo alpha-blended in Playing Now > Display > None.
13. Changed: MC switches from "Image" to "None" on startup so it won't display the empty image queue message.
14. Fixed: Action Window "no files selected" message could cover header in some cases.
15. Fixed: MC wasn't properly loading default views for the different media types.
16. Changed: Sorting of image views defaults to "Date".
17. Fixed: Search box didn't function properly in CD views.
18. Changed: Handheld views show standard back / forward, search, and quick button bar.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

LonWar

Re: Media Center 9.1.237 beta available
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2003, 02:51:17 pm »

1.   Bug... When converting file, the old file is removed from the Library... Can this be fixed to have both files in the Library??

2.   Properties used to be seperated by type if you are looking at all properties. Now it's one long list.... Can we have an option to have the properties grouped?

Great Build
-

Quisp

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2003, 02:56:51 pm »

This is really starting to get great! I can't believe how easy it is to create and manage playlists as well as the playing now queue.

Suggestion:

Navigation arrows in Action window, at least a back button. It would be useful in the more tools section.

Question:

Will the Burn CD and Handheld areas list files like Playing Now and Playlists?

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2003, 03:10:48 pm »

Wow, you guys have knocked out almost all of my bug list.  Fantastic work.

Be warned:  this version fixes an issue with favorites but it also deleted my favorites list.  This may have been just something unique to me.  FYI.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
    HTTP Streaming Not Working For Many Stations
    Most MP3-based radio stations will not stream properly and sound corrupted.  An example of a bad stream: http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/MPL/4509.mpl.  This stream will play in Winamp.  A WMA stream from the station works fine.

• New - Date Opened: 2003/08/21  Priority: Low
    Action Window Position
    The Action Window should remain flush to the bottom at all times.  When there isn't enough displayed in the tree, there is a bit of white space beneath the Action Window.

• New - Date Opened: 2003/08/21  Priority: Low
    Resizing/Refocus Issue
    Click on a window that partially covers MC then click any of MC's visible borders while the cursor is showing the resize tool and MC will resize slightly smaller even though you only clicked  Also, you do not have the option to resize MC's window by grabbing directly beneath the button bar.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/31  Priority: Low
    No "to All" Buttons
    Was moving some files that overwrote some other files and MC asks for confirmation on each.  There needs to be "Yes to All" and "No to All" buttons.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/21  Priority: Low
    Keyboard Shortcuts Unavailable in Web Media
    You cannot use keyboard shortcuts such as CTRL-V.  You cannot tab between fields.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/09  Priority: Low
    ASIO fades too early
    Using ASIO mode with fast fades and playing a single track, the track will actually fade out and end a few seconds early.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/07/24  Priority: Medium
      Favorites Not Accurate
      A favorite pointing to a specific folder or drive takes you to the My Computer root rather than the location specified.[/s]

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/07/31  Priority: Low
        Cursor Inconsistency
        Put the cursor as if you're going to resize the window from the bottom edge but don't resize.  Move the cursor up to the top of the status bar.  The cursor stays in the "size vertical" mode even though you can no longer click to resize.[/s]

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/07/02  Priority: Low
          Characters Missing in Context Menu
          Playlists with an ampersand are not displaying the ampersand in right-click context menu (e.g. adding a track to a playlist).  Other characters might also not be displaying properly.[/s]

• Not a Bug - Date Opened: 2003/07/18  Priority: Low
          Library Backup Filename
          Currently, the date in the backup filename is formatted in such a way that causes the dates to be out-of-order if viewed alphabetically (my recommendation is yyyy-mm-dd with leading zeroes).
Toast goes in the toaster.

Thunderbird1

• Recent member
  • Hello breakfast!
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2003, 03:28:52 pm »

There is a new bug that doesn't appear in the .234 and .236 versions:

1. When you run "Clean File Properties," if there is no year in the field "Year", MC automatically populates the field with 1899.

2. This one I've seen with the other versions: When you go into options and change font or size, the Detailed Info pane and main pane default to MS Sans Serif Bold 12 no matter what font you pick. The pop-up balloons also do this and run off screen. If you close and restart the program, the problem goes away until the font size is changed again.

Thanks in advance.
Upon my deathbed, I will receive total consciousness...which is nice.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2003, 03:51:48 pm »

My vote for making playlists and CD burning work the same as PLaying Now now in the Action Window.  It is just so sweet I wanna be able to do everything there!!

Thanks for sorting scrolling in system dialogs.  I was literally just about to report that.

Small Bug: If MC has to restart Windows during installation, after the reboot the dialog says Media Jukebox...

SERIOUS BUG: Just noticed all right click menu access has gone from Action Window and so has the tools menu meaning there is no way to select any section of the action window except home...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

matshif

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2003, 04:34:45 pm »

Be warned:  this version fixes an issue with favorites but it also deleted my favorites list.  This may have been just something unique to me.  FYI.

I lost mine too. :o

Mats

clout

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2003, 04:45:59 pm »

Bug: MC is not remembering position in PN when using the back button.
To duplicate: Select a track other than the currently playing track in PN. Switch to Media Library and select a track,then click on the back button. The selected track has changed to the currently playing one.
Note: Works the other way though.

Bug: Selecting & Moving a track in PN changes selected song.
To duplicate: Select a track in PN and drag to another location in PN.  The selected file changes to the currently playing file. Note: This now wotks correctly in the action window

Bug: Dragging tracks from media library to PN in action window changes highlighted track in AW.
To duplicate: Open PN in action window and highlight a track. Now drag a track from media library and drop it under the highlighted track. The highlight jumps to the  track playing instead of remaining on the originally highlighted track.

Bug: If playing video files with MC behind another open application, the foreground application loses focus when MC changes tracks.
To duplicate: Start MC and load a couple of video files (I have mpg's) into PN. Start MC playing then open another application eg Notepad. Type something in notepad and then wait till MC changes to next track.Notepad has now lost the focus and you cannot continue typing until you click on notepad to regain the focus. This is Very annoying if typing while the change of tracks takes place.
Note: Does not apply to track changes if using only audio (mp3) files but mp3's followed by video (mpg) files show the above symptom.

Bug: Cannot prefix the first item in the player status area with a minus sign.
To duplicate: Go to customize display (right click) & try setting Play Mode Status to "-[Remaining Time] / [Total Time]" (without the quotes).  The "-" (minus sign) does not display when you play a track. Now try setting it to "[Total Time] / -[Remaining Time]" (without the quotes). It now displays correctly.
Note: You can use other symbols eg "+" just not the "-".

fixed b.237  Bug: Selected track changes if moving tracks in PN in the new action window.
To duplicate:  Display PN in action window. Select a track & drag it to a new location. The selected track changes to the track that is playing, instead of remaining on the originally selected track.

fixed b.237  bug:  If you have "Playing Now" in both content pane & action window, & move a song to a new position in content pane, the action window does not update to reflect this change.

fixed b.237  bug: Horizontal & vertical scroll bars do not display correctly in the add image from file selection window.  Happens with all skins.

Each build just gets better & better. Great work.

clout

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2003, 04:49:22 pm »

Cosmetic comment only.
....The scrollbars in the tree & the action window would look better if the were aligned vertically.

ZRocker

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2003, 05:15:28 pm »

Bugs:
1. No way to show File Properties other than Detailed Info now in Action Window or anywhere in MC now.  That cant be right...what happed to the Navigation right-click menu item?

Update:
I figured it out...under More Tools... icon.

Shadowen

• World Citizen
  • He was but a shadow of his former self...
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2003, 05:33:05 pm »

I first reported this on the thread for build 226, but it is still happening so I thought I would post it again.

I get a repeatable application error and media server crashes.

1 Launch Media Server.
2 Go to Settings->Options.
3 Select OK on the Options Window.
4 Select Yes when prompted to restart Media Server.

Here is the debug information from Windows:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date:  7/31/2003
Time:  10:46:47 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: XXXXXXXX
Description:
Faulting application media server.exe, version 1.0.177.0, faulting module media server.exe, version 1.0.177.0, fault address 0x0003212e.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Data:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74   Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c   ion Fail
0010: 75 72 65 20 20 6d 65 64   ure  med
0018: 69 61 20 73 65 72 76 65   ia serve
0020: 72 2e 65 78 65 20 31 2e   r.exe 1.
0028: 30 2e 31 37 37 2e 30 20   0.177.0  
0030: 69 6e 20 6d 65 64 69 61   in media
0038: 20 73 65 72 76 65 72 2e    server.
0040: 65 78 65 20 31 2e 30 2e   exe 1.0.
0048: 31 37 37 2e 30 20 61 74   177.0 at
0050: 20 6f 66 66 73 65 74 20    offset  
0058: 30 30 30 33 32 31 32 65   0003212e
0060: 0d 0a      ..  

Here is my system information:
Media Center Registered 9.1.237 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium III 997 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 495 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.57 (1008)

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: SONY     CD-RW  CRX140E     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Shadowen

• World Citizen
  • He was but a shadow of his former self...
Re: Media Center 9.1.237 beta availableMedia Cente
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2003, 06:05:51 pm »

I discovered another problem today.  When I connect to a media server and try and play a video (wmv and avi) I receive the following error and then MC crashes.

DirectShow: Unknown streaming error: 0xc00d002b

I have received this same error when connecting remotely to the media server from two different systems.  Both systems have Directx9.0b installed.  When I play the file while connected to the library locally the file plays fine.

Here is my system info for one of the systems.

Media Center Registered 9.1.237 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium III 997 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 495 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.57 (1008)

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: SONY     CD-RW  CRX140E     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

RemyJ

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2003, 07:08:35 pm »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/08/21  Priority: High
    The ability to direct select what's in the action window disappeared.  You have to go 'home' first.

• New - Date Opened: 2003/08/21  Priority: Medium
    The CD Burner action window doesn't show the tracks added like the playing now action window does.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/08/19  Priority: High
    There's no way to fix the size of the action window.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/23  Priority: High
    MC isn’t remembering the Display Mode (Internal, Windowed, Full Screen)

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/23  Priority: High
    In thumbnail mode, the up and down arrow keys always reset the selection to the first image in the row instead of moving to the image directly above or below the current one.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/20  Priority: High
    The Page Down key doesn't work in thubmnail mode if less than 2 full rows of images are shown

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/20  Priority: High
    The right arrow key won't move beyond the second column of thumbnails.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/28  Priority: Medium
    The field names in Properties don't reflect the correct names if they were renamed.  I.E.  I renamed Artist to Track Artist.  The column headers show Track Artist but the properties show Artist.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/22  Priority: Medium
    If an empty directory is removed because of a rename operation or because all of the entries were deleted, it's entry remains in the Hard Disk Location tree and if you click on it, it brings up the search panes as though you clicked on the root of the view scheme

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/20  Priority: Medium
    When the mouse hovers over the action window and the menu bar un-hides, it causes the cover art or image preview to resize which is annoying.  It should just cover what's behind it as the upper playing now window does.

The 'Update Library Remove Files which do not exist' doesn’t seem to remove any entries.  After I perform the update I still have entries for images which do not exist (they have the red X for an icon)

The '<this folder>' entry in the tree version of the Hard Disk Location view scheme doesn't show anything.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/23  Priority: Medium
    Can't import m3/mpl playlists.  The import dialog box comes reports 1 files scanned but 0 imported.  They play fine.  

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: Medium
    If you do a 'Make all views like current' views that aren't even in the current library are reset.  OK, I know it does say 'all' but even views that aren't even in the current tree?

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/07/30  Priority: Low
    If there aren't enough properties to fill the properties pane, clicking on the blank space below the last property starts an edit on the last property.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: Low
    View schemes based on location don't work via Media Server.

• Withdrawn - Date Opened: 2003/08/19  Priority: High
    After an import of images, the tree resets to the Media Library with EVERYTHING selected in the details pane.   Why does the tree have to change at all?

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/07/22  Priority: High
    When the details window is In thumbnail mode and you scroll down with the mouse wheel shortly after the list starts filling, the list often resets back to the top

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/07/23  Priority: Medium
    In thumbnail mode, MC often doesn't display images for currently visible items in large lists until it either churns through all of the items in the list or until you click on any item in the list.

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/07/30  Priority: Medium
    In playing now, if the currently playing track advances beyond the currently selected track and you press the down arrow key, the selection jumps to the track after the one playing instead of the one that was selected.  Same for the Up key, selection jumps to the track above the one currently playing instead of the one currently selected. Example:  Load tracks into playing now, select the first track and start it playing.  Now press Next a few times to start track 4 playing (track 1 is still selected).  Now press the down arrow key.  The selection jumps to track 5 instead of track 2.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

ZRocker

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2003, 08:26:39 pm »

Suggestion:
1. In the status area at the bottom of MC show totals (overall) stats for the current view as well (not just the current selection info), like:

Selected: 0 files (0 bytes - 0.0 minutes)   ---   View: 25 files (122.9 MB - 99.0 minutes)

Maybe even divide the status line in to two status panels and display the two groups of stats in different panels (graphically appealing).  The status line is HUGE and has lots of room to display more useful information.

clout

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2003, 08:52:43 pm »

Zrocker said:
The status line is HUGE and has lots of room to display more useful information.

The size of the status line is dependant on how many tools you have on the bottom toolbar.

Similar to your suggestion, I'd like to be able to see at all times, somewhere, the Remaining Time and the Total Time of the Playing Now. This could be done either in the statusline or in the player display window.  I can display Position of Total tracks in the display but this is not as meaningful as knowing how long and how much remains of the total PlayingNow.

Also when displaying PN in pane and AW and highlighting the currently playing track, information about that track is displayed in no less than 4 places. Surely we don't need that much info and the stausline could be used for other purposes.

clout

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2003, 09:08:43 pm »

2 more small?? suggestions:

1.  "Add after highlighted" option for the right click menu in Library.
We have add to beginning, end, next, shuffled but no way (other than drag & drop to AW) to add a track at a specific place in PN. This would of course require MC to remember the highlighted track in PN when switching back to Library. It doesn't do this at present and has been reported as a bug earlier.

2.  "Stop after current" button near the "continues play" button in the player window. Not a toggle, just press once to have MC stop after the currently playing track, ignoring any xfade settings, and preferably load the next track ready to resume. Could even just be a pause at loading of next track. This would be very handt for live DJ use, for voiceovers, announcements etc.

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2003, 09:32:22 pm »

BUG: When I click on the "home" button in the Action Window, there is a really short period of time when the Action Window redraws itself above where it should be.  Somehow I actually managed to hit Shift-PRTSCRN at just the right moment to capture it as shown below.

-John

skeeterfood

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2003, 09:37:03 pm »

MIA Feature:
There is currently no way to set the rating of a song from the Right-Click Menu of the systray icon.  I know this used to be there under Send To->Rating.

The same thing applies to the Action Window Playing Now view.

-John

skeeterfood

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2003, 09:52:09 pm »

BUG: List Field grouping in panes is greedy when grouping is set to 1.

Example File:
Artist (Last, First): Evidence;DJ Babu;Pharoahe Monch

Panes Setup:
Artist (Last, First) [Grouped 6], Artist (Last, First) [Grouped 1], Artist (Last, First), Album

Select A-F from first pane, and E from second pane and you get the following list in the third ungrouped pane:
DJ Babu
Evidence

Since when does 'DJ Babu' start with E?  :)

Selecting A-F, then D, returns the same list.

However, selecting M-R from the first pane, and P from the second pane only returns Pharoahe Monch.

That one's right...

-John

jleerigby

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2003, 11:53:45 pm »

Sorry but I just can't get to like the AW changes and I have really tried to like what you've done in the last 2 builds.  

You've stopped the AW from auto changing based on recent activity - like that.  But this thing where the AW lists the icons on the home page for the recently used functions is counter-intuitive IMO as the icons are moving around all the time.  

I can see that you are trying to improve navigation with a sort of quick win for 9.1 (i.e. no major changes like tabs etc) and I can understand that.  But I think that dynamically changing the list of icons based on recent selections far more complicated than it needs to be.  All we need is an established route into the various options with a back and forward button on the AW header bar next to the home icon.  That would surely be simpler to implement, easier to use and would finish off 9.1 nicely.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2003, 12:29:57 am »

But this thing where the AW lists the icons on the home page for the recently used functions is counter-intuitive IMO as the icons are moving around all the time.

I totally agree.  I've never understood why anyone would ever want icons in different spots.  It's far easier to use -- and more intuitive -- it everything is in the same spot.  This way, once you learn it, you no longer have to think about "finding" what you're looking for since it's right where it always is.

Why not just have the most popular buttons of the AW permanently visible -- there is plenty of space available, and this would eliminate the need for searching through drop downs or menus to find the most popular functions.  The upper menu bar offers the flexibility to add buttons of choice -- why not have the same situation with the AW?

On a postive note, I really like the fact that the detailed view window stays at the current "scroll point" when you shift between files.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2003, 02:04:33 am »

After ripping/encoding, when I select the "Artist" in the tree, the "Genre" pane only list the genre of the CD that was just ripped -- i.e. none of the other Genres (other than "all") are listed anymore.  On top of this, when I select "all" in the Genre field at this point, selecting an artist in the Artist pane doesn't work -- i.e. the song list says "no files."

I can get everything working normally again by selecting "Media Library" and then "Artist" once again in the tree.  The artist's "missing files" are once again visible at this point.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2003, 03:46:21 am »

I just noticed that the "detailed info" page of the AW now shows information on songs located on the iPod -- this hadn't been working lately.  I didn't notice this in the "fixed" list, but apparenly this has been fixed (thanks).

You still don't get any panes, however, when the iPod is highlighted, which makes it more difficult to quickly check what's actually on the iPod (which becomes handy if you have more songs on your computer than will fit on the iPod.)

Larry

nila

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2003, 03:57:33 am »

Could we PLEASE have a pin icon (like outlook) or something to make the action window stick to the window it is in - pushing it in would make the window stay where it is - releasing it will make it start moving automatically again etc.

Could we also have some way to disable the icons changing all the time - its VERY annoying and makes getting any kind of work flow nearly impossible - the layout is constantly changing. ALL the tools could be brought to the top level (ie  File Properties/Image/Statistics etc) and just spread over two pages  with a 'next' type button to get to the next lot

We seem to have lost the ability to right click and navigate the action window - any chance of it coming back?

Right now the action window just seems to be totally chaotic and unable to use it - even just to leave it on properties so I can use it for tagging - we have no way of making it reflect what we want - it just does what it wants.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2003, 04:44:18 am »

AW Bug: The AW had previously shown Playing Now, but was now closed. I dragged a file from Media Library to a playlist in the tree. The AW opened up and had the name of that playlist at the top, but was showing me the contents of Playing Now, instead.

AW Shortcoming : We need need need some way of going straight from no Action Window to Detailed Info. What used to be once click is now two (best case) and three (worst case).

AW Shortcoming : Navigating to playlists takes too long. Why are Playlists buried under More Tools? Granted, if you just drag a file to a playlist (and if the above bug is fixed) then the AW will take you there really quick, which would be nice. But if you want to control where that file goes, you first have to Open Action Window -> Home (if you weren't there already) -> More Tools -> Playlists -> Then choose your playlist. That's way too many clicks. If Playlists were moved to the Home page, this would be better.

Also, what would be really cool is if the AW were on the Home Page (either open or closed), and you dragged a file to it, it would just open up and allow you to drag that file to one of the icons (like Playlists or Playing Now, CD, etc) and have that open, etc until you get to a drop point, at which point you'd just drop it where you left it. Hitting escape before dropping could cancel the whole operation.

I also agree that someway to pin the AW to a view would be really really nice. Obviously if we specifically navigate somewhere, it will change, but it won't do so automatically.

And CD & Handhelds should show the list of files the same way that Playlists and Playing Now do.

slikvik

• World Citizen
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2003, 04:47:51 am »

10. Fixed: Command line /Treepath and possibly others weren't working properly.

Could it be true!!

Let me install and find out...

P.S I TOTALLY agree with Jlee and Nila that this action window thang needs a sit-down, deep breath, and careful evaluation of where it's heading. Like I've suggested on a previous thread, get rid of the homepage and use toolbar buttons, add a back and forward to the toolbar, make it stick to what you've selected until you pick something else. Simple.

You can do something bigger and better in another version (like my v10 example  ;D )

Cheers for the Treepath thing..

Vic

LisaRCT

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2003, 05:39:10 am »

Speaking of hidden functions . .  . .
buried in the right-click menu:

Right-Click --> Send To --> Play --> Remove

sheesh,
I'd have never thought of removing a file form my playlist by 'Send To', nevermind 'Send To --> Play'
to find remove.  Who'd have guessed.

Intuitive, I think not.

gkerber

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2003, 07:13:00 am »

BUG:  Track Multi-Select does not work.

In the track window, normally I can select a track, move way down the list and press SHIFT and select another track, and all are selected from the first track to the current track.  This no longer works. I can't select more than one screen at a time.

Control-A still selects ALL tracks.

Multi-select works in the panes, just not in the track listings.

jleerigby

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2003, 08:01:29 am »

BUG:  Track Multi-Select does not work.

In the track window, normally I can select a track, move way down the list and press SHIFT and select another track, and all are selected from the first track to the current track.  This no longer works. I can't select more than one screen at a time.

Control-A still selects ALL tracks.

Multi-select works in the panes, just not in the track listings.

I can't reproduce this.  Works fine for me in all views.

gkerber

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2003, 08:06:19 am »

I can't reproduce this.  Works fine for me in all views.

Wow, that is interesting.  I restarted the program, and I still have the problem with multi-select in the track listing.

Multi select works in the panes and other windows programs, just not in the track listing.

I'll retry in the next build.  Thanks for testing it.   What skin are you using?

Anyone else?  Am I the only one with the problem?

jleerigby

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2003, 08:13:34 am »

What skin are you using?

WMP beta 6 but it works with PixOS too.  How wierd!

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2003, 08:51:46 am »

Mainly UI comments rather than bugs. I'm using the action window for the first time.

1.      I&#8217;m still learning the AW. It seems like the items on the home page change based on what&#8217;s been used recently. I&#8217;m torn. I like that. But, I&#8217;d also like a way to choose which functions appear on the home page. Presently, I do not have a handheld and I do not use MC for images (although I plan both in the future). Since I never use these functions, having the icons there is both annoying and a waste of space.

2.      Some functions, like statistics, which were easy before, now take three or more clicks to launch. This is annoying. Partially, this would be solved if I could choose which appear on the home page. But you should also test the ease of use to get to each function and adjust appropriately.

3.      Consider renaming some of the choices in the AW. &#8220;Detailed Info&#8221; and &#8220;File Type Info&#8221; aren&#8217;t really clear. We all know what they mean because we use the program a lot. But there must be better names.

4.      I have mixed feelings about the auto sizing of the AW. Generally, I like it and think you should do it that way.  It can be a hassle when editing file properties. In build 126, I was able to display all of the fields I was editing on one screen.  Now I have to scroll to get to some of them. That&#8217;s a pain.

5.      In AW, choosing &#8220;playlist&#8221; produces an alphabetical list of all of my playlists. That&#8217;s fine if I only have a few playlists. But If I have a lot, the selection process is cumbersome. At a minimum, I&#8217;d like to maintain the playlist groups. There&#8217;s probably a better way to do this. Perhaps one of the playlist properties, should be &#8220;show in active window&#8221; so I could select which ones appear there.  Just brainstorming now.

6.      On the comments field, when I cut and paste text containing more than one paragraph, it only accepts the first paragraph

7.      Since the file properties column only contains one line, it is hard to view and edit comments (same for lyrics and other large text fields). I&#8217;d like a way to view more of the text while editing.

gkerber

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2003, 08:57:24 am »

WMP beta 6 but it works with PixOS too.  How wierd!

I reinstalled 91226 and multi-select works in the track list, I then reinstalled 91237 and it does not work anymore.

This is too weird....

jleerigby

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2003, 09:36:31 am »

...and I do not use MC for images

The Image icon here refers to the image tag i.e. cover art applied to audio files.

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2003, 10:54:29 am »

1) If I change the nuber of files from 100 to 30 in Auto Playlist /Recently Imported 100 only 11 files are actually displayed.

2)When using ASIO for streaming web content, switching stations causes stuttering and occasionally crashes.    

3) MC downloads *.rm files instead of streaming them    
This is an old bug.  

4) I also liked selective text for tool bar buttons.    

5)Ease of Use Suggestion: Pictures of buttons should be in menues to the lefte of the corresponding action.
Pages: [1]   Go Up