INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Activation sequence for MC/Id  (Read 3219 times)

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
Activation sequence for MC/Id
« on: February 26, 2016, 06:21:55 pm »

I am now running JRMC20 on a PC with MC Remote running on an Android tablet.

In addition I recently added a remote listening area in another part of my home using an Id connected to a DAC/Headphone amp.  Generally everything seems to sound great (via wireless) BUT... sometimes MC seems to not recognize the Id's presence online.  Is there a particular sequence I need to use to power up each component?  Unless I am mistaken, the Id comes programmed to start MC Linux immediately after boot-up. 

I am trying to set up the system to not require a keyboard and monitor connected to the Id -- that is, to depend on the Id to boot up and be recognized without any visual confirmation.  When it's working, the WiFi signal is quite strong with zero dropouts.  THANKS.

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
Re: Activation sequence for MC/Id
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 02:39:59 pm »

...I should have ADDED to the above ...  On the times both locations have performed successfully, I did a complete boot-up of my ID/MC Linux FIRST -- Then did a boot-up of my main MC PC.  Which then immediately recognized the Id. ...So my question is:  Is that the only boot-up sequence that will work successfully?  THANKS again.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 12:06:28 pm »

I don't think that it should matter.

From user observation, instances of MC wave to whoever is out there on a regular basis and if they see another MC buddy then they'll take note of their other playmates and include them for communication in either direction.

The above assumes that basic network function is enabled:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Network

If I've got it wrong, then I'll be corrected soon enough.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 07:28:03 am »

Thanks for your timely reply.  I will review the material you suggested (See above for the problem with recognition of the Id in the network.)

In the meantime, on my Windows PC -- on the left navigation under Network and Explorer, the Id appears BUT it also has a RED "X" across it.  What does this mean?  I may have de-activated it by accidentally "clicking" where I shouldn't have(?)!  How do I re-activate? 

Thanks.  Happy Easter to all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up